DISCUSSION: Stories in the wrong genre

I was taking my daily morning scroll through episode looking for some new stories… When I stopped to realize people put their stories in the wrong section.
I see a lot of romance in drama section. :roll_eyes:
Drama is drama. Romance is romance.
When your story is 90% romance… Put it in romance.
So, yeah let’s discuss.
Maybe, I’m just being petty :woman_shrugging:t4:.
It’s annoying…
What do you think? What is your take? :thinking:

18 Likes

Yep, i just change my story entry genre to action cause its basically action, and not adventure. Adventure is like, exploring other worlds, etc. Action, fighting, etc, there can be travel in action and adventure.

1 Like

I agree, most of the mafia or gang stories should be placed in the Action section, not the drama.

8 Likes

Same… I don’t understand why it’s placed in drama.
I get it, it involves drama somewhat… But isn’t the mafia or isn’t gang all about action? I mean it makes more sense being in action lol :woman_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

I think there are a lot of romance stories in comedy and fanstasy sections too.

5 Likes

also romance in action.
and romance in mystery
and romance in fantasy. just because there is a werewolf does not make it fantasy.

also as terrible it is a story about a girl who is abusive by the husband and another guy saves her is not a horror story

11 Likes

Gang and Mafia stories should definitely be in action. I also see a lot of romance stories in the drama section, stories in comedy that aren’t funny at all, etc.

4 Likes

Fantasy is a tricky one.
Fantasy is pretty much… Romance, supernatural, princes, and princess.All the stories in fantasy seems to fit in that genre.

4 Likes

yeah, but what is the story about. all the werewolf finding there soul mate stories. are the main focus the were wolfs or the love relationship

i know figuring out what genre your story belongs in is hard. i have no idea where my own belong

4 Likes

You’re not being petty. I’ve noticed that s**t myself.

Like how can I enjoy a story when the genres are mixed up. Some horror stories aren’t even horror.

4 Likes

Lol I’m tired of the werewolf & vampire romance stories in the fantasy section…I mean yeah, it’s fantasy and all but it literally revolves around the MC & whatever mystical creature she’s falling in love with. It’s kind of annoying. Romance is not limited to real-life scenarios, so I honestly don’t think those stories belong in the fantasy section. :woman_shrugging:t4:

8 Likes

Personally I don’t think so, romance isn’t a requirement in fantasy stories but seems to feature in a lot of them. For me fantasy is witches, vampires/werewolves, time travel, super powers possibly, you don’t need romance in any of these but it still is included a lot. Romance fantasy stories can work and obviously do (I’m a fan of the dragon bride) but just using a fantasy trope to write a romance story is a bit wrong (as quite a lot of the fantasy stories have done this.)

3 Likes

I get what you’re saying… I guess at that point. The story should be put in romance. Seeing that the main focus is soul mates (love relationship).

4 Likes

People intentionally put their stories in the wrong genre because they know their stories will get a lower ranking in that genre. It’s really annoying because I’ve also been trying to look for new stories and all I keep seeing is Mafia stories. Ugh!

7 Likes

I’m saying!
You would think by now… That mafia stories would be tired and played out by now. But nah, people keep pulling more right out they ass :roll_eyes:… And putting them in the wrong section at that.

3 Likes

agree. i really wanna write a real fantasy story like harry potter or lord of the rings. i have a lot of ideas but i cant come op with an ending for any of them. and without an ending it is stupid to published a story cause if you dont know where you are going you will get lost

3 Likes

You know, it’s gotten so ridiculous with romance stories being wrongfully placed in the fantasy genre, and romance being one of the only stories getting tens of millions of reads, my favorite author, Wincy, has even gotten to the point where she feels the need to make her stories revolve less around fantasy, and more around romance. Which is why she’s (sadly) putting TRT (LL) in the romance genre. It sucks people feel the need to do this now, it really does. :sweat:

6 Likes

The comedy section is a massive joke. I don’t even look for stories in that genre anymore because all I keep seeing is romance stories and I now have to keep looking through people’s reccomendations to find a good fantasy story because that section is also a joke

8 Likes

I love Wincy, I haven’t read the TRT but I was sad to hear her changing the genre, she’s really unappreciated. I’m sick of it too. Romance isn’t the only genre that has good stories :woman_facepalming:t4:

3 Likes

It gets me so f*cling mad. I’m tired of it. Romance is literally in EVERY genre.

12 Likes