DISCUSSION : Stories that use the Point System

I think the tappables are really cool looking and they make the story more interactive.

1 Like

AHAHAHAHA :joy: I think the same too! But maybe you think this because you are one of those authors, hmm? :smirk:

2 Likes

My next story is going to be very influenced by choices. Since readers will be playing as themselves, it’s one of those stories where you’ll get to mould your character and their personality from scratch

2 Likes

I don’t I ha-

Wait there was that one time… hahaha XD yeah I’ve done that XD

2 Likes

Ehh…I don’t know. I’d rather it be subtle than take up a whole screen

Can anyone recommend any stories that use the point system? Cause those are my favorites!

Chicanery and Detenu by J. Miley
The Ruby Tiara and Moonlit Feathers by Wincy W
Austentatious and The Stolen Child by E. R. Gurney

3 Likes

1.) I personally love stories that use the point system! It makes me feel like my choices really do matter.
2.) I’ve seen stories use the point system like when you gain a clue you get a point, or if you say something nice to a character, you get a point with them, that sort of thing.
3.) I have, actually!
4.) I think point-system stories are not necessarily new. For example, the Demi Lovato story included the point system in a major way (and I’m sure they included it before that too in classic stories, I just can’t think of one rn).

1.) I think, as a reader, either way is really cool, but I prefer the readerMessage as a writer because it’s simpler for me to do.

1. I think it’s great to use in a story, but also a little nerve-wracking. Overall, it’s pretty awesome, it shows that the author’s directing is advanced and choices are more essential.

2. I’ve seen them used for relationships, unlocking scenes and mini-games.

3. Yes.

4. Probably. I’ve seen them used in a few stories.

A reader Message because you’ll understand it and the info would be easier to remember.

1 Like

I, personally, only like it if it helps strengthen relationships because I just get extra worried if I make a bad choice that makes me lose points. Unless it’s a very impactful choice, and it happens maybe 1, 2, or 3 times. I don’t have one in my story, but I’ve read 10+ stories with point systems, and they’re not my favorites, but I like them, usually. Overall, I like stories without them better.

1 Like

Bump :soccer: