DISCUSSION: Stories with different nationalities

Hey guys so I’ve been really inspired with a new story and I was thinking about making the MC filiphino :innocent:
I am Filiphino in case you were wondering :joy: so I know a lot about the culture and language.

Anyways I’ve seen many stories that have diversity and not that it’s a bad thing but I feel like most people who put diversity in their story only think about the bigger nationalitites such as, african americans, italians, mexicans, british, indians, and japanese etc.

(Those are the most common I’ve seen in stories ^^)

But I barely see more nationalities and there’s a lot :joy:

So I just want to know how do you guys feel about characters in stories with nationalities that you rarely see? Would you be interested in reading them?

9 Likes

Hey! :smile:

I think that you should totally go for it. I’m from a small European state and can relate, especially when most of the stories take place in USA, Canada, Great Britain etc.
Seeing MCs with different nationalities would be great, at least in my opinion.

2 Likes

Yea a lot of stories do take place in those countries :joy: And I understand cause it’s also hard finding good backgrounds unless you know how to make them yourself :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Good old background finding problem :joy:

I’m planning on writing a story but with my damn perfectionist mind, it will take months because I can’t find good backgrounds.

1 Like

Would like to see a story with a Filipino MC since I’m filo as well, would be nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Omg I relate to that so much :joy:

1 Like

Hey there I’m a filipino too

2 Likes

RIGHTTT :joy: I have never read a story with a filiphino character at all in episode there may be one but I don’t know where :woman_shrugging:

YESS!! Pinoy power :joy:

1 Like

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Yeah that would be so cool!

2 Likes

He could be a green alien or a blue mermaid. As long as they have humanity, are relatable and the plot is good, it’ll be good :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t have a problem with playing as a character of a nationality that many people don’t write about. I’m all for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.