I’m not asking for help, or guidance.
I want to join in a conversation that talks about stories with ‘Male Protagonists’. Here are some base questions, but anything related to the topic works.
- Why do you think authors started adding the option to play as a male.
- Do you like to play as a male protagonist?
- Is a story truly different if the protagonist is male?
3A. An argument is that even if you are a male, the character still acts ‘feminine’ thus is still technically a
female lead story. This usually happens when the author just replaces the MCF with MCM without
changing any dialog. (Main Character Female / Main Character Male)
- Should every story include an option to play as a male?
- What are the benefits / disadvantages to writing a story with a male option.
- Does Episode equally represent males in their own featured stories?
6A. Should Episode write a Gem - Featured story inwhich you can play as male. (Or if they have one, write
I started this particular topic, as it hit me. Episode wants to get more diverse, but ironically that does not include genders. I understand that this is a female dominated app, but at least giving the option to play as male opens up the story to even more readers.
My other Discussions
Stories with Male Protagonists
Stories within the Comedy Genre
Stories with Cliche Plots
Stories and the Fanmail that comes with them
Stories that NEVER leave the trending
Stories with Multiple Endings