I’m not asking for help, or guidance.
I want to join in a conversation that talks about stories within the comedy section on the app. Here are some base questions to start, but anything related to the topic will work.
- Why do you think authors chose to write comedy?
- Why do you think the app has more readers (and stories) in the Drama, Romance and Fantasy section.
- Do you think that people make their story ‘comedy’ just for reads.
3A. Absolutely nothing funny in the story.
3B. What if they had ONE funny character?
- Should RomCom or DraCom or even FantCom stories be in the Comedy section.
4A. Comedy is a secondary genre to RomCom, DraCom, FantCom
- Does Funny Characters make a story a comedy, or is it the ‘adventure’ / ‘plot’, or even the relationships between characters.
5A. I’m asking what makes a story a comedy.
5B. What makes a good comedy?
- Have YOU, yes YOU, ever tried to make a comedy? What did you find difficult / easy?
- Do you think a story should warn readers if the comedy is dark?
7A. What if the comedy makes fun of race? Religion? Gender? Sexuality? Should they warn.
7B. “I thought all Asians were smart!” / “Well, if that were true, we wouldn’t be in this situation now, would we?”
My other Discussions
Stories with Male Protagonists
Stories within the Comedy Genre
Stories with Cliche Plots
Stories and the Fanmail that comes with them
Stories that NEVER leave the trending
Stories with Multiple Endings