DISCUSSION: Story Playlist

Do you make a playlist for your stories? For me, yes I always listen to music to help me work on my story. If my story is like fantasy, I add fantasy music, if my story also contains romance, I add romance songs, etc. Wbu?

6 Likes

I dont actually. I didn’t know anybody did.

3 Likes

Yeah, some do and some don’t.

2 Likes

Its quite a good idea. I might add one.

2 Likes

Yeah, let the playlist kind of fit with your story. Like my story is in the medieval era, gonna have some romance, action, betrayal, magic, etc.

2 Likes

I’ve never done that before. I know fanfiction writers have playlists for their fanfics, but I never knew that Episode writers did that too.

Do you use the playlist to help you get in the mood of the scene while writing or is a playlist that you tell readers to listen to for immersion?

2 Likes

yes, this is the key!

2 Likes

I see. I don’t have a particular playlist tbh. I just type stuff out, and I might put on some music if I feel like it.

2 Likes

ikr, i do tht all the time.

2 Likes

Yesss my spotify playlist is 2 hours long.It’s really helpful because it gets you in the mood :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, I have one. :eyes: (I always like finding new songs that fit the mood, lyrics are fun to read to see if they correspond with the storyline!)

3 Likes

Yes!!!

1 Like

I don’t, and I honestly have never been interested in listening to others’ playlists :joy: like video edits, sometimes it ruins the vibe of the story

I always make story playlists! It helps me get into the mood :relieved:

yes i love making playlists as if it’s the story “soundtrack” lol. i even make playlists for separate characters so i can sort of adopt the mindset im going for when im writing them.

2 Likes