DISCUSSION: Story Trailers

Don’t you just loveee story trailers. I am working on my very FIRST story trailer! Omg…I’m so excited. Adventurous: Making A Difference is my story, going to be out soon, and I’m happy about that. Found the perfect song and thinking about the scenes I’ll be adding in.

What do you guys think about story trailers?

3 Likes

Personally, they don’t really do anything to me. I feel like episode edits are more affective to promote a story but yet again, that’s only for big already known stories. But story trailers are cool to watch though!

1 Like

most definitely.

1 Like

@LyraKeiken, @Atreus how many minutes did yr trailer video last on Instagram?

I love story trailers… especially when you get the right scenes, the right music and when everything looks perfect :relieved:

2 Likes

yasssssss

1 Like

im trying to see how long my trailer video can go, so I guess Ill find out when its uploaded…hm…

1 Like

On instagram I believe 2 minutes.
I think.

1 Like

hm, okay, just waiting for @LyraKeiken and @Atreus reply.

1 Like

@Atreus trailer lasted for about, Ill say 10 seconds maybe, and maybe @LyraKeiken video lasted about a minute. Hm, just a guess.

1 Like

I have a story trailer on IG and it was just under a minute.
I thought that was the limit? Well, unless you break it up. But they could have changed it.

1 Like

hm, okay.

But you can always use the new IGTV for your trailers. I know some people do that as they can be longer.

1 Like

I haven’t used that before, I’ll try it out.

One of my trailers is 30 seconds and my recent one is 20 seconds. I like to keep them short because otherwise I give away too much of the first three chapters.

Also Elise is right, instgram videos can only be a minute max and be careful with music. You can only use 15 seconds for songs or it gets copyrighted and won’t post properly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To add to this- I always use royalty free music just to be safe :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I use edited music from those audio accounts on instagram and haven’t had any problems so far :yum:

2 Likes

that sucks.

@LyraKeiken how many seconds was Warriors by Imagine Dragons?

im using a very short music so it isnt that long. Probably like maybeeeeee 20 seconds for the chorus. hm…or 10 seconds. hm.

I use InShot music just for video sneak peaks.

1 Like