DISCUSSION: The All Able Shelf

Ok, since there’s no general guide for this discussion, brace yourselves for my ramble.

First of all, even though this was not my actual doing and I don’t work for Episode, I totally TOTALLY predicted this shelf AGES ago (even though I predicted it for March, I was still close enough so clearly I’m some kind of psychic). I think this has been one of the best themes Episode’s picked in a while. Also, like @EliseC pointed out, a lot of the ones featured this time around were basically unknown, so that was another great thing Episode has done.

From Zero To Hero
I’ve been an advocate for this story for a while and the author’s probably one of my favourites on the whole app. Before I start talking about the story, can everyone please just look at Dr Smile’s profile on the app before she changes it? It’s the purest thing ever that she’s surprised she’s reached 1k reads :joy: Anyway, the actual story itself is purely hilarious and the directing is pretty neat too. I’ve laughed out loud reading this and can’t wait for more episodes.

18 Seconds
So, I actually am the first fanmail for this story and I hate myself coz there’s a flipping typo in it :woman_facepalming: I think this is definitely a slower-paced type of story because whilst we know MC is blind, it hasn’t really been addressed that much just yet. The directing is some pretty next level stuff. I don’t really care much for art scenes, but there was that one of MC with her hands out and her eyes all glowing and it looked really cool. I miss the old covers, but also the new covers are nice, but man I really loved those old covers.

To Love and Be Loved
Gah, I’m so far behind on this one! Maybe I’ll catch up before I talk about it here… Although, from top of my head, I don’t remember any characters in it being disabled, so this must be featured due to the author having a disability? Cute love story though and with adult characters, so if anyone is looking for that kind of story, it’s this one.

I’ve also started The Triangle but I’m on like episode three because I’m slow so don’t have much to say about it and The #MeMeMe Generation has been on my list for a while too so I’ll be reading that one for sure.

10 Likes