Discussion: The Fame Game

I’ve been picked to beta test a story finally.
Anyway, a new story called The Fame Game by Anastasia S.

This is a featured version of the story called Stealing Star Boyfriend. It wasn’t a bad story. I actually read the story a while back and enjoyed it.

Original Story

Some screenshots that I gathered.

A lot of default characters and gem choices. The gem choices were low. The highest one was “39” The story is faced paced. :grimacing: But eh. Anyone have this story?

7 Likes

I’m also have this beta story.
For me tho it’s called Suddenly Superstar

3 Likes

Geez, I’m never in the beta test group for anything. I’m so cynical about the quality of featured stories, maybe they know…

Choose your fighter:

8 Likes

Same

2 Likes

I just laughed so hard at this :joy:

3 Likes

I swear… episode original stories are always packed with stock characters :roll_eyes: lol

I’ve had an identical best friend in three of them :rofl: she looked exactly like that Amber girl up there except her hair was a the strawberry blond color (I think) and she had those eyes that look kinda puffy underneath and short (or no) eyelashes (I do not know the eye name lol).

You’d think they’d take the time to design some unique characters… but that’s asking for a lot I guess lmao

6 Likes

I also don’t know who would be tempted to pay to reply sassily or friendly… like asking What if I refuse? is just the better way to go all around lol. Episode sleepin’ on that gem choice :joy:

3 Likes

Wow.

A romance.

Again

5 Likes

Tell me Amber is not the default name there

8 Likes

Also… wtf are those background characters? Are they sure their trashy remake of a user story was ready for beta? Did they test it themselves even?

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: these gem choices have me WEAK right now lol… yes, let’s pay to demand more fictional money… yeeeeaa… imma get right on that.

6 Likes

It’s kind of funny having to pay gems to ask for more money

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: my sentiments exactly :rofl: oh the irony.

Like wtf episode

2 Likes

I have this too, but it has the original title and different artwork.

Impressions so far…

Based only on this version as I haven’t read the original, it’s really rushed. I wonder if that might be because this is another 8-episode rewrite. I don’t know anything about the MC as she really has no character development whatsoever, and the gem choices get in the way of the story.

I complain a lot about featured stories, but my complaints aren’t usually about gem choices. This time, though? Almost every choice costs gems. It’s just constant.

8 Likes

Yep. It’s quite intrusive. Like I’m trying to get the story and I’m being pestered every second by a gem choice.

I also haven’t read the original, but I looked it up when I saw this story and the original is 31 episodes long. This story is already moving incredibly fast, so I’m thinking it could very well be. Like how The Doberman is 45 episodes long and Mafia’s Girl is a very quickly bulldozed eight episodes.

3 Likes

For me it’s called Starstruck

2 Likes

Lol that girl with the pale skin, straight medium hair, and puffy eyes is Stella. Episode seems to enjoy leaving her unchanged or mostly unchanged and putting her in the story. That or she’s becoming sentient and taking over Episode.

Stella sees all.

10 Likes

Haha! Yes! That’s her!! Stella has been the best friend in three episode original stories… I was like “Geez! They’ve got this girl everywhere!” Lmao

3 Likes

Without knowing the context, the non-gem option actually sounds the best lol

3 Likes

Yeah in my opinion it just seems like the logical real life response lol

The context was the actress is offering the MC $25,000 to pretend to be her for a week.

3 Likes