Discussion: The Most Overused Hairstyles on Episode

Hello, everyone!

After reading many stories, I’ve come across recurring hairstyles that appear to be ‘overused’ or popular within the community. I don’t think I’m the only one who has noticed this lol. For example, I’m sure you’ve seen this one - this guy sporting this hairstyle at least once, if not more than once in all Limelight stories you’ve stumbled upon, right? lol

Slicked Back Solid, courtesy of the Limelight Style.

Though… I think I’ll give Limelight the benefit of the doubt here since it doesn’t have as many hairstyles as Classic and Ink do, but still overused! lol. And don’t get me wrong. By no means am I implying that because they are overused, they must be bad, which is not the case. They are simply hairstyles that are used a lot and are popular amongst the community. Nothing wrong with that; trends come, and trends go, don’t they, yeah? :smiley:

So, what are some of the most overused hairstyles you’ve noticed on Episode for any style (in Classic, Ink, and Limelight)? I can’t be the only one who has noticed this lol. Post below!

9 Likes

@Lemniscate I agree with you about the Limelight hairstyle. :joy:
Tbh, you’re right, and not only for Limelight. Some people in Ink tend to use Boy Bun (which is actually what I use for one of my stories), Emo Boy Hair, and for the “nerds” many people use Bowl Cut. Idk why, is it really that nerdy? :sweat_smile:
Lol, this is just my opinion about Ink.

1 Like

People use the long feathered in limelight so much. When I got people to fill in a form for background characters, so many people wanted it!!! I had to say no more

2 Likes

Beach waves in INK. I see it everywhere

13 Likes

OMG! Yasssss

INK:
Beach waves for girls and Boy Bun for guys

With INK, I see the Diva Curls used a lot.
Especially, for mean, preppy type girls. I use it a lot too though so, I can’t complain.

1 Like

I don’t know but I’ve seen a lot of INK STRAIGHT for girls and that Short Cropped thing for boys in several stories, not necessarily just the main leads though

1 Like

I forgot what’s it called so I’ll just put a picture here.

I don’t know if this is intentional, but it’s often used for lesbian characters. :rofl:

1 Like

I think beach wave is used a lot for girls which is too bad as I really like it

1 Like

It’s called Long Feathered (which is awkward since my avatar has this hairstyle)

1 Like

ALSO: Beach waves, diva curls, long feathered, and straight for girls
short cropped, emo, bowl cut, and messy faux hawk for boys (INK)

That’s my favourite male LL hairstyle :sweat_smile:

I guess it’s because there aren’t too many hairstyle options in LL. I try not to repeat hairstyles too much but when you have a lot of characters, some will eventually end up with the same hairstyle. That’s where I have to make their features totally different.

In INK, the Suburban Bubble hairstyle is used a lot for moms. Beach Wave is used way too often for MCs.

1 Like

BEACH WAVE IN INK! way overused eve though I love it.

I actually prefer Shaggy Long Hair (Bed Head) it’s my fav but yes, I do see Beach wave a lot :smile:

1 Like