Discussion: The Umbrella Academy

This show made its way up to my favorites from the first episode.

Tell me your thoughts about the show, your favorite character, least favorite, what episode you’re on, and what you think will happen next!

My favorite character is Klaus no doubt. He’s funny, charasmatic, and no one believes him like my family :joy: He’s basically a queen slaying Allison’s skirt.

My least favorite character is Luther because he fricking pisses me off. I think him being #1 and being sent to space for no reason really got to him, thinking he was superior. I also hated it so much when he attacked Vanya when Allison was doing so well at keeping her calm.

I’ve finished the show, currently impatiently waiting for season 2…

I think they’re going to travel back in time to when they were kids, just a guess, but feel free to add on!

8 Likes

I’m totally obsessed with this show! Five and Klaus (plus Ben ofc) are my faves for sure! I agree, I’m not a huge fan of Luther but I can kinda see where he’s coming from and like Vanya- it’s really their Dad’s fault that they’re the way that they are. I finished the season over the weekend and I can’t wait for season 2, but I know that it’s not going to be out for a while :sob: I agree, I think that they’re gonna time travel back to their pasts but I have no idea what’s gonna happen lol! I’m gonna start reading the comics soon!

1 Like

Imma watch that after I’m done with Grey’s anatomy

1 Like

I was actually thinking about reading the comics, but I’m half and half bout it!
I wanna spoil it, but I DON’T EITHER!

1 Like

Is there a Grey’s phase happening? Almost everyone I know is still watching that :joy:

1 Like

I just don’t have the patience to wait for the new season :sob::joy: Plus I think it’ll be cool to see how the show changes things/ their interpretation of it!

1 Like

I love this show!

1 Like

I dunno if I missed it but did they say how Ben died?

1 Like

I was waiting for someone to make a thread about TUA.

This show is kinda predictable like Vanya’s secret powers & Klaus being gay. Sometimes I get confused on the time stamps For example, when Klaus went into the future and served in the war… You’re supposed to tell me he was there for a longgg time, but it only consisted of one day in the real world? Huh… Anyways, I love Klaus. I don’t know why, but he’s my favorite character. I know she acted in rage, but my least favorite character is Vanya. I get she was mad, but seriously? Cutting your own sister’s throat and then Pogo… Poor Pogo… AND Mom! I’m waiting on season 2 too. Like Netflix shows always leave on a damn cliffhanger! (On My Block and various others…)

3 Likes

didn’t say I think. only said he died young…

1 Like

It wasn’t stated, but…
There are many therioes that

1. He killed himself because of the monster living inside him.
    Or 2. The monster inside him killed him.
1 Like

:rofl: I have no idea but like my lesbian lover/wife/friend/greys anatomy teacher was like no you have to watch it and I’m addicted

1 Like

I didn’t know Klaus was gay in the beginning but him and Dave were real cute :joy:
I think everyone knew Vanya would have powers. They implied she was ordinary so much they wanted us to believe otherwise :joy:

The time stamp may have been confusing because when he came back from the past, he manage to time travel back to the day after he left.

:joy: :joy: I’ve already seen it

1 Like

I agree! I’m gonna try to get my hands on those Dark Knight comics!

1 Like

I think Klaus being gay was pretty evident and wasn’t suppose to be some twist either haha

1 Like

I’m probably going to watch it this weekend.

1 Like

It’s a good show. Some of the choices in tone and pacing were questionable, but I enjoyed it. I hope there’s a season two, though I’m curious about exactly what they’ll do with it, since they already introduced so many major parts of the second story arc in season one and changed some important details. Hopefully Ben plays a larger role this time around; he’s a personal favorite of mine, and was a more active character in the comics despite his death-by-backstory.

Also, let’s admit that the apocalypse was partially Luther’s fault. Vanya wouldn’t have snapped like that if he hadn’t betrayed her and proven all of her suspicions about the family.

3 Likes

Can anyone explain what it’s about without giving any spoilers?

1 Like

It’s about seven children who were born on the same day to mothers who weren’t pregnant and were adopted by an eccentric billionaire who raised six of them (all of which had powers) as superheroes and one as a normal girl. The team eventually breaks up as everyone moves away. Years later, they reunite for their adoptive father’s funeral only to learn that they have eight days to prevent something terrible from happening.

3 Likes