Discussion: The Umbrella Academy

Hmm… I’ll watch it after finishing season 3 of Once Upon A Time. Is it really that good or are people just overhyping it? Because that turns me off from a show

2 Likes

I am so glad there is a topic on this because it is my favorite Netflix show and I wish season 2 would be out. But my favorite characters are Five , Klaus, then Ben they all been through so much and Luthor WaS sEnT tO tHe MoOn FOr 4 YeARs

1 Like

Tbh I really liked it a lot! The first episode is a bit boring, but once you get to episode 3 it really picks up!

2 Likes

Hmm. I’ll check it out!

2 Likes

Alright, I have to admit, I hate it.
I watched the first episode and the only reason I watched the ENTIRE episode was Klaus. That’s it. I mean, he’s hilarious and honestly, was always high throughout the entire episode. But that was fine.
Luther pisses me off too. I also don’t like Diego. I also think kid 5 I think his name was Ben is a complete ass to his family.
I also was ok with Vanya, but thought she was a little dull. So yeah. I never bothered to watch the other episodes.
And wow. I was reading through these comments and…maybe you should put a spoiler alert for people who have only seen a couple episodes and want to continue it.
And Klaus being gay doesn’t exactly come as a surprise but come on, can we have a happy non-brooding guy who ISN’T gay?

3 Likes

Exactlyyyy why I hate Luther.

1 Like

I really love it!

1 Like

Definitely watching it.

1 Like

Is Luther Percival from BBC’s Merlin? That’s…not what I was expecting Luther to look like. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Ok now my bestie is jumping in! But I already don’t like Klaus

2 Likes

He just seems generic and cliche.

2 Likes

I love Klaus :joy:
He’s like the only brightness in the show

2 Likes

But it seems like every bright male character in a show is often gay? Doesn’t it seem that way?

2 Likes

Yeah…I wish it wasn’t like that. I mean, just because someone is fashion sensed or bright and colorful has nothing to do with their sexuality. Their sexuality comes from the inside. Not from their personality or what they wear.

3 Likes

Exactly. And their fashion choices don’t indicate their sexuality.

3 Likes

Oh wow…

2 Likes

Yeah it kinda gets sadder

2 Likes

I also just want to say that the soundtrack for this show is the best thing ever! :joy::heart:

2 Likes

I agreeee!!!
Omg I love that so much

I started watching two days ago and I swear, I’m in love again :joy: ‘TV serie love’, of course

Almost at the end of the 1st season as so far, I have a few favs :

• Klaus - I mean, who doesn’t like him? He’s a priceless marshmallow candy. Crazy in his own way and rocking every moment.
  • Diego - On the outside tough and merciless but on the inside, he’s really sweet and has good intentions. And his relationship with his mom? The moments when she helped him with his stutter? Just sweet.
  • Five - No lie, he’s an asshole but also determined and cunning like a fox. A character you cannot dislike.
  • Allison - The girl has her moments but she’s really trying. Doesn’t matter if it’s protecting Vanya or the others, and she truly loves her daughter. In short, I just like her as a character :woman_shrugging:

Ships :

• Allison and Luther - They are obviously meant to be but the fate thinks otherwise… for now.
  • Hazel and Agnes - What more to say? They are sweet like the doughnuts they both like.

Characters I truly dislike :

• Vanya - No hate, maybe I’ll get to like her later. Right now, I just don’t like her.
  • Leonard/Harold - I know the reasons why he’s the way he is but still. I’ve got a bad feeling about the guy since the beginning.
  • Handler - Is there someone who likes her anyway…?

My opinions so far. Okay, I’m out now. Need to watch next episode :grin:

3 Likes