This is kinda long: Beware
• The bad boy who we’re forced to love.
Sorry bad boy, I don’t love you.
• Sassy, rude MC’s who everybody says is strong and badass when really they’re just rude.
It’s not strong, it’s called having a huge ego and rude attitude.
• The mean girl is always blonde, white and rich.
Why? Does being blonde and having money have some kind of curse to make you a mean girl?
• The sassy black girl who’s thrown in for fake diversity.
Stop it! Not all black girls are sassy.
• The gay best friend who loves bright colours, florals and probably speaks in a high-pitched voice.
Does liking these things make you gay? Does being gay make you do these? No.
• Christians being portrayed as bigots who don’t support LGBTQIA+
Pfft! Lies! Many Christians are and support LGBTQIA+
• Stories where the first episode is just customisation.
I find this boring to read.
• Muslims portrayed inappropriately when wearing the hijab.
Why am I seeing so many stories with people wearing crop tops and shorts with a hijab?
• “I’m nOt LiKe ThE oThEr GiRlS!”
Yes, yes you are.
• MC’s who don’t stand up for themselves and transform for the sake of the LI.
No, you should never change for the sake of others.
• Stories that glorify abuse/gangs/rape etc.
Just no. These are dangerous and aren’t meant to be portrayed as romantic.
• Chosen ones who get everything good in life and are loved by everybody and heroically save the day.
What about the rejected ones? The chosen one not everybody loves?
• The mean girl who’s only goal, hobby and talent is to ruin the MC’s life and relationship with the bad boy.
Is this girl even a human? When was the last time you met somebody who was obsessed with ruining one random person’s life?
These are just my dislikes and I’m not trying to criticise any authors stories.