DISCUSSION : Thriller Contest šŸ‘»

Now Iā€™m getting worried because I havenā€™t gotten a confirmation email yet. Feels like I canā€™t go to sleep without one.

1 Like

Have literally stopped everything now to start reading this. Probs wonā€™t contribute to your retention yet, but canā€™t wait. Youā€™ve been teasing this for long enough :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™m legit scared about this one ahahhaa (like terrifiedā€¦ will probably go hide somewhere after officially announcing it tomorrow on IG lol) and noā€¦ retention doesnā€™t count for two more hours :rofl:

5 Likes

Well, since itā€™s a thriller, you also being scared goes great with the theme :grin:

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to sleep, I hope the rest of yall finish your stories in time.

I am going to leave my story in horror until tomorrow morning bc meh, the judges will be sleeping anyway lel.

2 Likes

Iā€™m off too!
Did you end up finishing then?

1 Like

Presenting Thriller: Detenu

Every ten years, the underground city of Sarvana sends five prisoners to the surface to see if it is inhabitable. In three hundred years, no one has returned.
Choices Matter
Multiple Endings

2 Likes

-screams like a teenage fangirl-
I canā€™t wait for the results! :grin::skull::ghost:

1 Like

I did- I think- I think I forgot to add sounds into the third episode- lel

1 Like

Eh I honestly think most people read stories with the sound off anyway :rofl:

1 Like

Idk how! Sounds enhance storytelling for me, omg. They tell me to turn it up and I do lol!

Iā€™m going to start yours in a bit after I finish some classwork \o/

1 Like

What is your story called? I want to add it to my list!

Prophesying Lies

:grimacing:

1 Like

Hey everyone! I entered this contest, but so far got almost no progress in gaining reads.

It would be awesome if some of you give it a try.

Thriller: Darkness speaks

You are the only heiress to your grandmotherā€™s fortunes. But in order to receive it you need to care for her till she dies. What dark secrets will you discover in her mansion?

3 Likes

I will keep this thread open until the results are open, then I shall close it to open the Letā€™s Talk About . . . Yadda thread ^-^

3 Likes

one week has passed since the due date

bump

1 Like

Okay, since it has been a week since the deadlineā€¦

1) What entries have you enjoyed. (no self promotion please).

2) What about those stories made them stand out from the rest?

3) Have you noticed any familiar trends in this contest?

4) How many stories do you think will be on the shelf?

3 Likes

Ah so many. Iā€™ve actually read quite a few but I havenā€™t read some of the most ā€œpopularā€ ones yet as Iā€™m trying to focus on underrated stories. Out of all the ones Iā€™ve read, Iā€™ve felt that most of them were very good quality wise.
I donā€™t really like naming specific stories in case I forget people lol but one that has stood out for me so far is The Game since itā€™s something that I would actually enjoy watching as a movie in real life. Itā€™s beautifully written and directed and the ending was a mind f*ck (itā€™s a psychological thriller). (As a contest entry, Iā€™m not too sure how it will go as itā€™s lacking in choices and the theme is rather mature?, but I do really like this one.)
But so far there have been quite a few that Iā€™ve been very impressed with and I feel like this will be quite a tough contest!

So for me personally, the stories that Iā€™m enjoying the most are really very good at keeping the suspense right to the end and are FILLED with plot twists! I personally like the thrillers which keep me guessing right to the end. There were some stories which I felt were written well, but the plot could have been developed a bit more to make it more exciting. Things just seemed to get resolved too ā€œeasyā€ or maybe things were just a bit too predictable (to me, anyway).

Iā€™ve seen a few murder mysteries and there are a few stories where you play as a detective.

Iā€™m hoping itā€™s 9 and not 6.

Iā€™m predicting that winners will be announced on the 26th so that the first week of the shelf includes Halloween, but that seems like ages away!

2 Likes

I have read quite a few entries, both from bigger named authors as well as stories that have very few reads.
Over the past few days, I have been focusing on stories with less than 100 reads.
One of these hidden gems is Thriller: Asylum by Rosalind

I like the stories that keep me engaged and filled with twists, but not too predictable, which is difficult for me because Iā€™m always expecting the unexpected.

Noticing quite a few of someone or something is out to get the MC.

Hopefully 9 and not 6 like stated above.

1 Like

Iā€™ll admit to only have read one entry so far, as Iā€™m really behind on typing my other stories. I was planning on reading a few during my flight, but rip Wifi wasnā€™t free. gah. So I will be able to answer the rest when I read a few.

I do think there will be 9, Iā€™m hoping for 12. I think there was 12 last year? While 12 does seem too many, all the stories are complete (or should be) and the amount of entriesā€¦