DISCUSSION: Too many romance stories!

So far I think no one has noticed this: All the original stories (at least I think that’s what you call the stories Episode made) are love stories! Just take a moment to think about it. Like what about “strong independent women that don’t need a man”?! Did episode just forget about that?! Please Episode, make me happy for once and make a story that ISN’T about looooooove. Honestly I’m getting sick about this. College-ish, Love Life, My First Everything, It Starts With A Bra, Positively Princess, etc. I could probably name a million more but- that’s not the point. I don’t think there’s EVER been an Episode original story that’s about Fantasy, Adventure, Mystery, Action, and all the other genres. Poll time! Should Episode make stories that AREN’T love stories?

• Yes, we need something different!
  • No! I like things the way they are.
  • I’m not sure, maybe?

0 voters

4 Likes

if were only talking about episode orginal stories then tbh ? I don’t really care cause I’m never going to read that crap anyways

3 Likes

almost evrything they make is in romance or drama.

what about making some triller.horror fantasy, mystery. even them under those are stil romance stories. like it is alright to put some love in but is shall not be the mane plot

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS!
Why can’t we have like a comedy or a thriller or maybe a story about a strong independent woman makin her way through life

1 Like

Oh my god right

1 Like

None of these really fit my view. I love romance stories and I don’t think there can be too many. I wish there were more of every other genre to match, but I like that we have a big library of romance. However, I think the ones we have are too similar

4 Likes

Romance is my favorite genre, and I don’t think there are too may romance stories. Yes, it’s safe to say that there are too many romance stories that are centered around the same plot. A lot of people love romance stories, therefore, authors write more of them. Don’t get me wrong, there are other genres that an author can write their story in, but romance stories bring in a lot of readers.

I don’t think anyone quite gets what I’m trying to say. Please read this again if you didn’t understand

I agree. Romance is one of the best genres, but I’m not really saying the community has too many romance stories, I’m saying EPISODE ORIGINAL stories are ONLY romance. I think that they should try something different once in a while :wink:

Oh! I agree. I’m sorry I went kind of off topic :frowning: But, I know what you mean. Besides me liking romance, I like mystery and thriller stories. Unfortunately, there aren’t an mystery stories that episode writes if I’m not mistaken. They may be a few of them, but not as many as romance stories.

Romance is all they do nowadays. The only story I can remember that wasn’t a romance, was Pretty Little Liars. It was pretty good, but I probably only like it because there’s no romance (at least not that I remember)

There’s too much romance. I prefer a comedy or a horror story. Romance makes everything even more harder to relate to human species and makes me feel like a weirdo when I’m just not attracted to the LI. I don’t like romance stories, especially not bad boys. I feel really weird, like something’s wrongzaz with moi because I just can’t feel the romance :grin:

1 Like

You’re too relatable :joy:

1 Like

Lolza
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I enjoyed Pretty Little Liars myself because it was different. I don’t think there was any romance in it, but if it was, it wasn’t the main genre of the story. That story was mostly a thriller and mystery.

It’s strange because when I read the original episode stories as a wee child, I really got into this detective story where they featured a male and female duo. The guy was called Dick but I don’t remember the girl’s name… I was really into that story because the duo had fantastic chemistry and were comedy gold but there wasn’t any romance (unless i remembered wrongly). I can’t find it now though so :thinking:. But if we can get more of such comedic/ romanceless stories, i would be happy :^)

1 Like

Not that I like any of the Episode Originals anyway, but I agree, they seem unwilling or unable to write anything else. Does romance generate more clicks? Is it just harder to come up with a plot that isn’t the tried-and-true formula of bad boys, misunderstandings, and mean girls? Who knows?

I, a fantasy aficionado, would like to see them even attempt to write a fantasy story. At the risk of being a Negative Nancy, the only gem-earning stories in the fantasy section are deeply broken. (Recently Royal is so terribly paced that I have to weep over how it insults the original version, and Vampire’s Kiss is… well, you know).

Tangent aside, part of me doesn’t blame Episode for sticking to what they do best, straying from their comfort zone is hit and miss.

2 Likes

Well, I can’t say that I am a romance genre lover, but I agree that most (if not all) of Episode team’s stories are romance and drama, and I think they should diversify, in terms of the genres.
To be honest, I saw that many authors repeated the same main idea in their stories - regardless of genres.

2 Likes