Discussion: (ugh) College Makeover, previously known as The New Us 2.0

I was just starting the app when I first saw this:

You know it gets interesting if there isn’t an avatar but the classic E logo.
Thoughts

12 Likes

I didn’t even make it through the entire first chapter.

The comment about my mom…why are the characters in these stories often so thirsty for the MCs mother???

Met the obligatory mean girl that MC bumped into. The girl behind her is the LI and also mean girl’s girlfriend.

The directing is…basic. They’re always standing in these similar spots and I dont remember if these are the basic “@MC walks to center from screen right” or whatever the hell that code is because I haven’t used it in three years.

Not to mention it’s another one of those makeover stories.

The only difference is this is set in college. And they’re supposedly seniors too? Like, you’re really worried about being nobodies in college? As a senior???

32 Likes

Based on the description it doesn’t sound romance at all.

I don’t think I have it :thinking:

1 Like

The directing… MY EYES AHH!!!

Why can’t Episode use spot directing for once like the rest of us?!

22 Likes

I have no idea! They do this thing where it seems they expend all of their directing energy on one story then the next few released afterwards are…like this.

5 Likes

To be fair, a user story and one directly from Episode itself are two different things. Maybe they’re trying their best to preserve the original (though brings to question why would they feature the story in the first place if they don’t change anything other than art assets).

Another thing, doesn’t Episode already have a story which has the MC making a list to takeover the school ( cough, Kiss List, cough)

7 Likes

Getting ur degree(in college tht u payed for) is overrated anyway(sarcasm)

The mom things hella weird…why…

9 Likes

I spent more time here than i care to admit…tht shows my priorites ha

19 Likes

I mean, they could still do a lot more with it and preserve the original. There aren’t even new assets other than a background I’ve seen so far.

The only clothing choice I saw were clothes that we already have.

And then they had the gal to ask for gems to take a picture in them. How about no?

And what’s with all the missing gems that prevent the gem choices from being even?? What are they trying to do??

But it’s known Episode loves recycled plots and themes so we might have close to 10 of these “takeover by completing the list” stories in the future.

6 Likes

The outfits are whatever(what we already have)

The directings…meh

Idk nothings standing out to me in this story

5 Likes

Yeah, I have no urge to continue at all.

3 Likes

Oh my Christ, you got to be kidding me. This better be an accidental beta-Turned-publish :hot_face:

3 Likes

I will admit the only thing i like is the options to hug and take things slow

And the eye compliment(showing he noticed her before she got made up)

Other than tht nothings standing out to me at all

A very dull story

5 Likes

Not accidental at all :rofl:

I mean, look at Unexpectedly Expecting. They have done much worse.

2 Likes

Is it like the new us 2.0?

2 Likes

20190803_114834
I like how “different” their faces are.

35 Likes

It is.

This is the first splash before starting the game

10 Likes

Omg, now this is something lol.

For convenience’s sake, I’ll call them Catwoman and Peter Pam :laughing:, seriously what’s with the first outfits

3 Likes

I honestly thought they were related.

4 Likes

Ah Good old friend 1 and classic friend 2

Also proves we need more afro/textured hairstyles
Since she has a half shaved head i think itd be awesome for her to have tht except longer or even just a diffrent curly edgy style

9 Likes