Discussion: Under You by E.R Gurney

I started reading Under You last weekend, and it kind of has me hooked. It’s been awhile since I’ve read a romance story or any story on the app, so Under You was one of the stories I started to read. Of course, it may sound like a cliche romance story, but I don’t think it’s that cliche. It does have a spice to the plot. I do like the plot of the story, but I do wish that it wasn’t so explicit . Anyways, what do you guys think about this story if you’re reading. Tell me your thoughts.

10 Likes

Yeah! I love all of the advanced directing that she did throughout the story. I wouldn’t mind learning a few directing and coding tips from her :slight_smile: I love the character Beau too.

3 Likes

Not a fan of sex centered stories tbh. Especially with the name like Under You. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I mean by it being a bit too explicit :woman_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

I also don’t like the fact it’s just like any male boss story having sex with one of the employees. The only difference is instead the boss is female. Not really any different.

2 Likes

In this case, power dynamics don’t exist when the boss is female. Because I know people wouldn’t be praising it so much if the boss were male. They do the same with other stories alike from this.

3 Likes

I mean I like the directing but that’s all

2 Likes

You do have a point. It does sound realistic for a boss to have an affair with on of their employees, but at the same time, it’s not a good thing.

1 Like

I love that.

1 Like

Oh wow. I was going to read it. How explicit is it?

2 Likes

I’m not saying that you shouldn’t check it out because I do think it’s a good story to read. The main character is a very powerful woman in my opinion. She does have a lot of control over people. But, some of the scenes of a bit too much for me. I don’t have a dirty mind so uhh I don’t really like to read stuff about relationships being TOO intimate if you know what I mean. But, hey it’s not really stopping me from reading the story.

2 Likes

No that’s perfectly understandable! Hopefully it sticks to the guidelines and warns people so they can stop reading if they don’t like sexual content

2 Likes

Every boss apart of a company does. :joy:

I hope it doesn’t romanticise abuse of power. Like, male or female. It’s fair enough if you fall in love with an employee if you can keep it professional at work. Keep your work and love life separate. But is that the case?

2 Likes

Can’t say much for that. Maybe, maybe not. Not reading it again to find out. :joy:

1 Like

I love this story so much! The MC & Beau’s relationship is really cute to me & he’s such a gentleman :sweat_smile: Her stories are always really great to me. I also love how much effort she puts into making sure that whatever hand/arm overlays she uses matches the color to the customized MC’s skin?? It made me feel so good to see it on both Austentatious & Under You!

5 Likes

I recently started reading that story. To be honest with you the directing is amazing and you can definitely see that the author gives her whole heart to this story.
The characters are developed well (I love Beau). Also I like the way MC develops in that story.
The plot, on the other side, is well… quite nice.
I mean for me it’s nothing new (although some of the scenes or characters are unique).
It depends on what genre you like the most.

Romance is not my favorite but this story is entertaining. If you like love stories then you should definitely read that.

4 Likes

I might check it out to see how bad it really is. I mean, this is an app for 13 year olds. I hope the relationship isn’t underpinned by the fact that she’s the boss. It sounds like it from the title

1 Like

It doesn’t. Beau only becomes an employee after they’ve already encountered each other & hung out with each other as well

3 Likes

Hmm that doesn’t sound so bad actually!

2 Likes