DISCUSSION: Using Foul Language

I rarely curse, only when I get upset.
Tbh, cursing is something that in my family is kinda a big no no unless it’s like once and you’re really steamed. :joy:
So it’s fine is other’s say it, I just don’t like saying that a lot. I do say damn and hell and stuff, but those aren’t exactly bad words.

I curse daily. Curse words aren’t that much of an issue in England, we come up with our insults which don’t often include any obscene language to be honest.

Cursing can also be extremely useful! It can help vent small bits of anger so it can somewhat prevent someone from becoming more irate towards a situation or conversation - like an outlet of relief.

On the forums, I try to limit my use of language due to the fact I know some users are younger and there are some (like yourself) that don’t like that sort of language.

Though, using curse words is a sign of intelligence so I think I must be a genius :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

6 Likes

Oml, that’s soo me. I am that friend. The ones who’s like, LANGUAGE PLEASE!!

3 Likes

It is?

I am a 14 years old teenager and I don’t swear. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one. I feel so uncomfortable when my friends swear and they use the ‘c’ word like it is as common as the word ‘and’. I am so glad that someone brought this up.

3 Likes

Lol I curse. A lot. Dunno why

Same!

It is :happywaffle:

8 Likes

Believe me, you are not the only teenager who doesn’t curse

2 Likes

I know, I guess I just haven’t really found anyone at my school yet. And I have a younger sister who my friends swear around and I constantly have to say ‘LANGUAGE’

2 Likes

:joy: I have an older sister who also doesn’t swear and she’s 16.

I guess it is just part of the culture. Cursing isn’t a big deal really. I do it because it just kinda…idk it feels natural. Like there’s nothing wrong with words lol and the fact that they’re shorter versions of other meanings, like…fuck means fornication under consent of the king and stuff like that…they’re just words and some of them are fun to say. I personally don’t say some of them aloud because I don’t like the way they sound, but I like how some of them sound. They can be good words to use when you have no other words to use LOL

3 Likes

Oh damn, I must be hella smart then hah

1 Like

You and me both… Einstein’s got nothing on us geniuses :joy:

1 Like

Haha right???

1 Like

Yesss Queen Leslise!

1 Like

I personally try not to curse. I have not curse a lot out loud. I usually use replacement words when I’m talking to someone, for example:
“FIGHT ME, YOU NUGGET!”
Only because I think it’s a good thing not to swear in front of others, besides my life is surrounded by younger children and I want to be a good model for them. I only curse when I rarely let it slip or when I’m moody, sometimes I curse under my breath. I’m trying to not curse under my breath, but I do feel like cursing helps relieve stress for some reason to me. Maybe it’s because I feel like I’m doing something really bad, and I feel less trapped by expectations, but I don’t know. :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Yeah. We’re just alike :innocent:

1 Like

nice to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

I curse now and then, but not like a sailor lol. Like as a joke, when I’m mad, or when I stub my toe in a corner :woman_shrugging:t2: Only time I didn’t curse was around children or around teachers at school. I heard that people that usually curse tends to be more honest according to studies. I think that curse words are just regular words, like you can also put others down without cursing as well. I think it depends on how you use those words that are going to impact others. I don’t understand why adults don’t want their children to be exposed to a couple of words that are considered foul when they are going to curse when they get older anyway. I think they just need to be taught on not to offend others and how to use them without offending those they talk to.

2 Likes