DISCUSSION: Walls and Shut downs?

Pshhhhh I think America also has a lottttt Of bad people. I mean Chicago has a high crime rate are we gonna build a wall there? And I heard from my friend his mom said:”okay build a wall, they’ll build a ladder.” I mean really :woman_shrugging:t5: We can’t keep bad things away. America is far from perfect and loving all trying to divide won’t work.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’d like these as well. However, just given the proof that walls work, I’d like a wall as well.

It is not about superiority. It is about relativity. If I were on the other side, I’d want to make MY country better, not go to another country, especially if I wasn’t willing to assimilate. All human beings are equal. But I do not care about all humans equally. Americans come first to me. And whichever country YOU live in, YOUR people should also come first to you. At the very least, you should be ALLOWED to feel that way <3

Lol, great idea! Worked in Divergent X’DDDDDDD

LOL, sorry, couldn’t resist! XDDDD

4 Likes

:rofl: it’s fine! And I’m weak yesssss let’s build walls everywhere! Heck build a wall in my state we have high trafficking and #1 in herion :nail_care:t5:

4 Likes

Bye guys. I’m no longer responding. Since this isn’t worth my time. And I don’t want to cause a fight and get suspension. :blush:

2 Likes

Statistically, immigrants often arrive by plane.

2 Likes

Yeah. Some do. Immigrants overall, more of them get here by plane, but (I was looking for this quote I couldn’t find it) it goes something like: “Many Mexican and Central American immigrants come by land. Most others do not.”

The crisis at the border specifically can be helped with a wall. Anyone that says it’ll be 100% effective is talkin’ out their ass, but it will help and it will be cost effective as well, according to cis.org.

1 Like

I kind of disagree… If it were, then Trump wouldn’t need to shut down the government (partially).

2 Likes

I guess so, but the money Donald has a billionaire! I mean, you can’t waste it on things that could hurt other people. On the news, there were two poor children who died trying to get to the USA. Including the fact the parents are separated from their kids! Now that’s illegal!

Yeah, I mean, he’s a billionaire. But kind of selfish since he never came to his son’s birthday. How rude!

1 Like

And that is sad, sure. But it is MORE sad that children in America are being mistreated and killed and dying. I’d rather take the thousands of dollars it costs PER illegal alien and try to help OUR kids with that money.

Alien? :thinking::alien:

Another word for immigrant X’DD

“Unfamiliar person” kinda thing.

1 Like

Ah, ok. Thought you meant per annum. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, the aliens that keep taking people and cows and stuff, like…WE’RE LOSING PRECIOUS MILK! WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING! Oh and find the people, too, because…yeah

X’DDD

1 Like

Well, Sam and I are not involved into this. :alien::alien::flying_saucer:
But a wall will not keep out things that can fly…

2 Likes

exactly :raised_hands:

He did that?

America is a first world country. So by law it has to help people from others.

1 Like

It’s not so much about not wanting immigrants as it is for them to be legal. It affects all of us in various ways such as taxes, employment, etc. Being a young, under-payed mother I feel it heavily sometimes.

The wall isn’t going to keep everyone out, it can’t. But, what we need is a more efficient way from them to become legal. I don’t want anyone to have a bad life, but as a Texas citizen, I’ve had people close to me not able to find any jobs because of this. I’ve had to help them with the very little extra money I have so that they could feed their kids. They are very hard working, good people, there just aren’t any jobs.

I don’t think illegal immigrants deserve to be treated like pests. I think they should have offices set up to become documented. I’m obviously not an expert on this topic, but I feel changing the system for documentation would be the best route.

5 Likes