I will share my answers too, since I forgot to do that in the previous thread.
1. How often do you read stories from the shelves? Does it depend on the shelf theme?
I read a lot of stories so most of the time there’s at least one story that I already read before the shelf comes out. I usually try to read some other stories too while they are on the shelf, and yes, I’m more likely to do that if I like the theme.
2. When you choose what to read from the shelf, what grabs your attention? How important is the cover and the description to you? CC? The genre? The author?
The description is the most important to me. And actually the title too, and I have no idea why I missed to add it to this question, but I’ll do it now.
The genre used to influence my choice too, but it doesn’t really matter anymore, since I figured I can enjoy reading in any genre if the story is well-written. The author matters too sometimes, and not only if I already read something written by them. If I see a story being featured that was written by a friend of mine or someone I had interactions with on the forums, it automatically goes to my reading list.
3. Are you more likely to read a story if it has a lot of reads?
I usually only read the ones with less reads. It’s not because I have anything against popular authors, but because I know they don’t need the boost. I mean, their stories are already in the trending so I don’t really see the point in featuring them, unless the theme is so specific that it’s hard to find many stories that would fit.
4. When you have the time, do you give a chance to all stories on the shelf (and read at least the first chapter), or do you read only the ones that look the most interesting?
Well, I try to. It usually takes me 2-3 minutes to decide if I like a story or not, so checking out six stories normally doesn’t take a lot of time. But if there are 9-12 stories to choose from or even two shelves, then I give up, and I just choose the ones that grab my attention.
5. What can authors do to be more successful while their story is featured on a shelf?
Everyone mentioned updating, and I agree that this is what probably works best. I actually asked this question because I really don’t have other ideas, so if anyone has, please let us know
6. What themes would you recommend to Episode that might attract more readers?
I said this already, but I would love to see a sci-fi shelf. I have no idea if it would attract more readers though. It would be also interesting to see stories that are set in different eras, and stories that focus on family. But then again, I feel like these wouldn’t be popular at all Honestly I thought this question was clever, but after reading Elise’s reply I’m having second thoughts, lol.