DISCUSSION: What are your 2020 goals as a writer?

I always liked Fallen’s discussion topics and I feel like it’s appropriate to revive this one since 2020 is a little over a week away now.

For anyone curious, 2019’s threads are here and here.

Discussion starters:

1. For 2020, My goal as a writer is to…
    1a. I want to strengthen my…
    1b. Something new I want to try is…
    1c. To achieve these goals I am going to…
  2. Something I achieved this year is…
24 Likes

I would really like to publish my story that I have been working on (:

8 Likes

My main goal is to complete my stories without stopping to start another one :joy:. I kinda want to stop writing on the app but I keep starting new stories so it’s taking me longer to complete my stories and quit writing :sweat_smile:.
My second goal is to get an overall of 100k reads which I’m not far from so I think will be achievable in 2020.
My third goal is to get featured on a shelf. I was featured for the first time this year and I would like to have a different story featured too.

11 Likes

To actually publish something.

Lol.
Ok…

My 2020 Episode goals:

• Publish (and complete) the new story I’m working on for both Episode and possibly Ivy/mature app
  • Hit 2 million total reads
  • Finally revamp Cyberstalk so I can archive the INK version lol
  • Enter a contest

All my other writing goals are non-Episode related at this point.

7 Likes

I don’t like making promises about my writing but I cannot keep doing what I’ve done for this past year. It’s unacceptable so…

1. For 2020, My goal as a writer is to…

Update my current published story to at least chapter 10 and publish a new story.

2. To achieve these goals I am going to…

Stop obsessing over every single damn detail.

10 Likes

My goal as a writer is to
revamp my first story and/or publish a new one.

I want to strengthen my
directing skills. Always.

Something new I want to try is
to write in Limelight. And maybe to add complex choices and more branching (I’m still afraid I would just mess it up though :sweat_smile:)

To achieve these goals I am going to
be patient? I will try not to publish a story until I figured out what I’m doing exactly. Unless I enter a contest… Or unless it turns out I’m not patient

Something I achieved this year:
I got featured on a shelf, and I received some amazing feedback from my readers that I never really expected.

5 Likes

Finish my stories :joy::joy: And learn how to make it really hard for my readers to choose between Lis

I want to strengthen my
Directing. I think I’ve grown so much in that area, but I’d love to learn more.

A more complex point system & branching.

Just keep writing & trying new things!

I got featured on a shelf & broke 100K reads!

5 Likes

Aw, I really like this.

For 2020, my goal as a writer is to…
Publish. :joy: No, my actual goal as a writer is to publish multiple stories this upcoming year. I won’t hold my breath, but I’d like to finish one as well.

I want to strengthen my…
Ability to write without self-editing in the drafting stage.

Something new I want to try is…
True branching. My story plans are generally more linear at this point. Branching doesn’t work for every story, but I’d like to learn how to do it without difficulty.

To achieve these goals I am going to…
Practice? Experiment? I dunno. If I knew the right answer, I’d probably be farther along.

Something I achieved this year…
I feel like I’ve learned a lot in terms of how to plot or just plan with a story structure/arcs in mind. It’s still a struggle, but it doesn’t feel like the impossible task it once did. I just needed the right learning tool.

6 Likes

Finish the current story I have going and possibly write some new ones :grimacing:

I want to strengthen my
Storytelling skills. I want to get even more creative with my directing.

Complex point systems/branching & giving my readers the gender option.

Focus on my own journey as a writer and the people who support me (I get sidetracked and discouraged thinking about other writers sometimes)

Having my story featured on a shelf and exceeding 20k reads for the first time ever :yum:

6 Likes

Publish my two stories and finish the first season of the first one in the process

I want to strengthen my
My directing skills, they are good but they can be better. That way I wouldn’t spend hours directing… Branching, adding choices that don’t matter is easy but branching and point system are what I really have to work.

How to use colour layers I’m counting on you @amberose if I don’t understand how :joy:
And maybe do a animated gif, but it looks so difficult :see_no_evil:

Plan the story carefully and inserting the branching before starting to write on the portal.

I learned to do mini-games and to work with tappables.

3 Likes

Colour layers? I’m not sure I even know hahahahaha :laughing:

1 Like

[quote=“amberose, post:238, topic:311598”]
Add Colorful Layer(s) feature/button been removed with this update? @amberose
The Forum is not helping :sob:

1 Like

Lmao, noooooo now I know what you mean! And gosh it was such a helpful thing for me but I think they tooketh awayeth

1 Like

For 2019, my goal as a writer is to…

1. Work on a story for more than a day before discarding it… :flushed:
  2. Publish that story.
  3. Learn more directing skills as I go!

To achieve those goals, I need to find a way to get more motivated, and I probably need to plan out my stories better so that I don’t just give up because I don’t know what to write.

Something I achieved this year… I mean… I managed to plan out three episodes in good detail? and then I never wrote it and never looked back but let’s ignore that shall weee

6 Likes

Possibly finish my story and publish my other one :thinking:
I want to strengthen my…
Grammar. I’m so bad it’s almost embarrassing :sweat_smile:
Something I want to try is…
Tappable overlays, writing on a different genre even as a subplot.
To achieve these goals I’m going to…
Be consistent, practice and follow tutorials :muscle:
Something I achieved this year is…
I published my first story! It’s my biggest achievement! I won a contest, met a lot of writers and in general just being an active member of the community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

:yay:

To have my first story official released and have at least three of my WIPs out and/or finished. Oh! And to stop procrastinating lol.

I want to strengthen my…
Coding skills. I feel like I can do advanced coding, I’m just not all the way there yet.

Something new I want to try is…
Possibly more branching? Like, M/F and multiple LI.

To achieve these goals I am going to…
Stop giving up so early and trying. I also need to learn how to write romance without cringing myself to death, haha.

Something I achieved this year…
Editing, learning how to cut out limbs, learning how to use gains, goto’s, and labels. Reaching over 1k on a story and completing a story.

6 Likes

1. For 2019, My goal as a writer is to…
to actually pursue a story idea and make it into a real episode book.

1a. I want to strengthen my…
coding skills

1b. Something new I want to try is…
really stick to 1 idea

1c. To achieve these goals I am going to…
really try my hardest

2. Something I achieved this year is…
understanding the basic coding

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

For 2019, My goal as a writer is to… Complete my current story, and publish my new one ^^
I want to strengthen my… Grammar, definitely :joy::grimacing: And my writing abilities, I really challenged myself with the plot of my new story, and I can’t wait to start working on it!
Something new I want to try is… Write in a gener I don’t like haha
To achieve these goals I am going to… Hope I’ll have enough time😂 Junior year isn’t easy
Something I achieved this year is… After almost five years of writing, I was featured on a shelf ^^

4 Likes

For 2020, My goal as a writer is to… ease myself back into test coding again or maybe see if I can find a coding partner I have chemistry with. It’s super overwhelming for me. I’m a good writer and do it professionally so it’s frustrating when the other important element is tough
I want to strengthen my… coding
Something new I want to try is… plan an Episode story
To achieve these goals I am going to… do this slowly coz… coding
Something I achieved this year is… read Episode again. I didn’t read any last year coz I was super busy

2 Likes

My goal is to publish more chapters of my stories.
Get better in coding.

1 Like