Discussion: What are your opinions on It Starts With A Bra?

yes how relatable, one day i will wake up in the middle of the night and someone steals my bra but im not gonna call the cops because there is no such thing as trespassing or stealing and then ill go back to sleep and wake up the next day with my bra on the flag pole and everybody knows its my bra but im not gonna say anything but go to a party and then come home with the tree in front of my house with all of my undergarments on it but i wont call the cops because its not trespassing, stealing, and harassment!

2 Likes

The book is relatable, in the book the dare stays a dare and what you’re describing doesn’t happen in the book, the episode story is not, in any way, relatable .

1 Like

girl, i havent read the book so i cant judge it

the book and the episode version are on different platforms and this person is asking what we think about the episode version

1 Like

Not trying to be rude, but if you’re going to respond to her comment, you should maybe read her comment first. She was just comparing both versions, effectively giving her opinion on the Episode version.

6 Likes

‘not trying to be rude’ but i did read it lmao and i know what she was saying so you dont have to remind me and my comment was talking about this :wink:

plus isn’t stealing the bra a dare in the beginning of the book? and maybe even the whole plot/rising action lmao. and if we want to talk about both versions my comment can be still interpreted to the book if you take some out.

3 Likes

Sorry, I thought you were being sarcastic with your original comment so I tried to respond with a clear stance on what was being said. Yes the beginning of the book and episode is the same with a boy stealing her Micky mouse bra on a dare. I was saying the differences are that the action after that changes. The book has a bit more of an introduction setting up the teenager and her family whilst the episode doesn’t. The book also doesn’t make the issue as serious as the episode does, she isn’t that offended by what has happened more embarrassed as a teenage girl would be and the dare stays a dare it doesn’t get taken any further. The scene is more a way for the two love interests to meet in an interesting way. In the book she also knows two of the guys that are there so there is some familiarity in the characters.

Please dont apologize there is no need. I kinda sounded rude and i was being somewhat sarcastic… And I see your point that the episode version and the book are different. Like i said before i never read the book, so i dont know the difference. but you pointing it out could be a help to other people that hate the episode version.

1 Like

But it doesn’t really matter what happens in the book, I don’t think. It’s the Episode version that we’re talking about. It’s like comparing a novel and a movie adaptation of it. The book can be ten times better but that’s not the point. We can only judge the version that is presented to us on the platform it is in. Anyway, that’s my opinion.

2 Likes

I was doing the comparison in order to see where the episode story went wrong and how they could have improved the whole quality of the story. That was the reason for my comparison.

1 Like

That’s true every book on wattpad that episode has used has been a poor imitation of the original book. Always way more sex and cliches then the actual book.

1 Like

I read the first three chapters of the story just to see how bad it was. It was boring and inappropriate and frustrating because, without using gem choices, your character is really just someone who gets picked on by the “hot” guys who are actually ugly and uses and angry animation then does a really flimsy attempt at defending herself or embarrassing the bad boy and it never works.
Episode will not get rid of their stories if they can keep getting money or are mind controlled by… well, people that care about their readers a little more…
I chose for the love interest to be a girl because I don’t think boys are hot. At all.

4 Likes

I don’t think boy are hot at all

That’s the beauty of most stories, if your not attracted to women, boys you have another choice.
I wouldn’t have minded being able to make the MC a guy and make him straight or gay.

I think it’s good that many new Episode stories let you choose your sexuality now. It doesn’t make a bad romance story good but it’s a good thing for a story to have.

I’m not a boy though. I don’t have romantic feelings for anyone, but if I had to choose to be in love with someone, they would probably be a girl.

2 Likes

I love it. It may be cliche but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that personally, I love Bad Boys and I think the story is entertaining.

Also I don’t see why Episode is so obsessed with bad boys. They just make them mean and smoke a lot and none of the characters even tell them to stop smoking in every single building.

8 Likes

I think you’re one of my new favorite people. @Cam

3 Likes

Aww thanks haha :3

Thanks! And feel free to use it (or some of it) if you ever want to ^-^

Although I’m sure there are a few grammar and spelling mistakes (since English is not my first language)

1 Like

I never said you were

Okay.