Discussion: What are your opinions on It Starts With A Bra?

Perhaps demisexual?

1 Like

Maybe, anyways sorry for derailing the discussion a bit

Fun fact:

I read the first 3 episodes of this story not a long ago because I was curious if it was really that bad. It’s actually horrible and straight up stupid but what really surprised me was the e-mail I received from the Episode team this week. They said they were reviewing my story and unfortunately they found inappropriate content in it so they asked me to revise and update the scene. In that scene a male character was having a shower while a girl living in his house walked in on him. The man was naked (obviously) and the girl was shocked first but then she started admiring his body and a few minutes later they started kissing (it’s a parody, okay? :smiley:)

So I got to know that it is not allowed to show characters kissing while one of them is naked and I was asked to replace the censor bar with a towel or underpants on my male character. I think this would be completely fine, but I actually read the third episode of It Starts With a Bra, which ends with the MC being kissed by a naked guy in front of the whole school.

To sum up, I’m glad they didn’t remove my story after I updated it, but it’s kind of weird I had to remove something, which is in an Episode featured story :thinking:

18 Likes

That’s really hypocritical of them! I would love to reply to that email and say you only did it because you saw it in a featured story!

10 Likes

Yeah. Anyways, the finale is pretty much trash.

1 Like

That was my first thought as well :smiley: But they also said they were impressed by my story and its reader retention, so I didn’t want to argue in case they wanted to choose it for an upcoming shelf HAHAHA

4 Likes

Well in that case… after you get featured, use your power to call them out for it!

3 Likes

And this is how Episode teaches us how to be a hypocrite :smiley:

7 Likes

Yeah, I mean I get what they were going for. But an Episode story depicting singing text-wise usually turns me off, plus pirate flash mob :sweat: almost stopped me from picking Dylan

I’m cringing… All of that for a girl?

I kinda get it, they’re supposed to show different sides of themselves. If they had, I don’t know, previous chapters to establish that?

Different sides??

???

Same here… the flash mob was so cringe-worthy. But I wanted to pick Dylan because obviously Alec was awful (I can’t believe I read the whole thing lol).

1 Like

You know, Dylan showing how he can do big romantic gestures, and Alec/Alex being honest and not kidding with their words

Alex was the bad boy, right?

Yes

I absolutely hate this story
I stopped right after the half way of episode 1 and seriously why havent they warned about mature themes.

4 Likes

This story is actually terrible. It teaches young girls that it’s okay if someone breaks into your house and steals your undergarments. Call for help. And then they fall in love. I don’t think it’s very well written all the story is about is sexual activity. Yes it’s a matter of people’s taste but personally I think it needs to be taking down.

4 Likes

Read the entire thing (for the gems) and it was total trash (it’s my opinion and I’m allowed to have one). It’s discouraging that episode featured stories go against the community guidelines but us normal writers have to dot our I’s and cross our T’s just so our months of work doesn’t get taken down (sounds like inequality to me). Real professional Episode REAL professional.

14 Likes

Episode seriously needs to get a reality check. They can keep pumping out cliche and stupid featured stories; but people will just leave the featured section. Even people who like cliches will leave because of gems

3 Likes