Discussion: What are your opinions on It Starts With A Bra?

opinion
community

My friend told me that it was super cliche. Plus, it has a bad boy in this story. Now, I am not a fan of bad boy stories or cliche stories, this is my opinion. He broke into the MC’s house, and she didn’t do shit about it! When I saw it on “TOP FEATURED STORIES”, I was like “ok, one of THOSE stories.” So, I didn’t even bother. It has a wrong message to it. If someone broke into your house, call 911. Who tf cares if the guy is SEXY? You could be talking to a murderer! Just a dare, okay. If this was real life, this boy would be out of my house, handcuffed. But, Episode forgot about REALITY. Plus, there is no other choice. You gotta fall in love with a creep. NO OTHER CHOICE, SKSSSSSSSSSKSKSK. If there was a rating button, I would give it…

-1/5

Oh my God, how did miss this the first time I read this post?! :joy: You made me laugh out loud, thank you.
I think you bring up some really good points, I’d recommend anyone who wants to talk about bad boys on Episode and how to make a “good” bad boy to check out this thread. Not all bad boys have to be half-naked monsters.

Does anyone remember when Episode removed Loving Bad’s barely-even-sexual scenes because a few people pointed out they weren’t upholding their own guidelines?

Now they’re like “F- you all. Sex sells. We don’t have to follow our own guidelines! It Started With A Bra isn’t sexual enough!”

Then they went and made In My Bed.

Stupid & corny dialogue, very cliche, but for some odd reason, I loved it. One of my favorite Featured Stories ever.

Haven’t read it yet, but it grosses me out.

I don’t even wanna read it.

Judging by the rest of the replies here, there’s a part where a guy broke in MC’s house and MC didn’t care because he’s good looking? (I dunno if i got it right but yeah i don’t even wanna know…) That’s…just…disgusting.

Against all the warnings, I decided to check it out. I’m not sure how I feel about it.

Maybe it was changed since it first came out because it isn’t what people told me it was exactly. Some details. It doesn’t look like anyone broke into anyone’s house except for the MC to do the hair dye shenanigans. Pretty much 100% certain I recall the girl being like, “Oh no! The packages must’ve gotten switched!” Or something to that effect, because she got his underwear, too…>.>

It was kind of a funny mix up, even though the guy was a bit of a douche canoe for not giving it back? XDXD

I feel like this story isn’t bad for the reasons I was told. It isn’t misogynistic to me. The guy is being kind of a bully to the girl, and she’s trying to get back at him, to no avail.

There’s a couple things skewing my opinion of it though. I don’t do gem choices much at all. I have done none in this story, and I don’t plan to do any, so I haven’t seen the seducing scene…even if I did do gem choices, I wouldn’t pick that one because UNCOMFORTABLE! …ahem, but that’s besides my point. ALSO, I am only on chapter 5, so perhaps there’s shenanigans far more messed up than getting your mail switched, accidentally seeing a dude naked because he doesn’t know what a curtain is, hair dye pranks, public indecency pranks, etc.

So far, I feel like the MC girl has done more messed up things than the guy has. She had an opportunity to moon him, LOL. She tried to make the entire school see the guy in all his naked glory, like…he hung an undergarment to a flag pole, shamed her for her comfy clothes…

What’d she do with his underwear, btw? That was conveniently glossed over. If I was the MC, I’d be much more concerned how much that bra cost. Like, bras can be expensive. If I saw it on a flagpole, hallelujah! I’d be getting it back XDXD

It is an understatement, I think, to say that it is common knowledge that women wear bras. It’s no different if the dude’s underwear was hanging from a flagpole. Teenagers are stupid and immature, lol, some of them would behave like that. In the end, it’s whatever.

I get that him not giving back something she paid for is illegal, sure. But the reason I’m lenient thinking about it is because as I mentioned, doesn’t she still have his as well? Can’t have it both ways. They’re both wrong as hell in this story, and it seems to be all in (quite messed up) fun, but it is funny to some people. Humor comes from dark places quite a bit.

It doesn’t seem like such a huge problem on either side because they’ve both done things that could have been reported to police or just any adult that could make these stupid kids quit being so stupid.

Am I missing something here? Please let me know. I may just be too daft to get what the big problem is, or maybe I’m just not deep enough into the story to be wound up by it.

Ugh! Okay no I did not like it, I read quite a few chapters to give it a chance but just no. So many cliches! So predictable! God so boring! What kind of message IS it sending? That if a guy steals your bra you should be crushing on him? The fuck? Seriously!? It’s not so inappropriate more so astonishing that’s the message episode wants to portray!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: TRUE! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Just one of the many iconic bad boy stories on Episode. I didn’t plan on continuing to read the story after the first 2 episodes xD

If you’re okay with a man breaking into your bedroom and stealing your bra, and feeling attracted towards that… I wish you good luck to yourself and future relationships. That is not something to “learn” about how to get a man. It’s a crime.

If that’s how it works, I’d rather pretend that people don’t exist for the rest of my life.

Um, Episode isn’t for teaching people how to get a man, it’s for enjoyment :thinking:

It’s just entertainment, please don’t take it too seriously. I’m so worried you are reading these stories and seeing how to get a man based off them, that is really scary :sweat_smile:

Also, even though it’s entertainment, it does have guidelines and stories that don’t sit will with the episode community because they can have a negative impact on people. And they are right-your comment just further proves why stories can impact people in a harmful way. You believe that the app contains techniques to get a man which is very saddening to hear how you see it as something that affects your reality.

This is exactly why we have threads like this, these stories can have an influence on young people and you are one of the people who have sadly, took these stories to heart, believing they will give you insight into your real life on romance. Stories with these types of messages can have an effect on people. I hope you do realize that you shouldn’t be taking tips from these stories on how to get a guy, as these stories are purely fictional

Exactly, you are so right, stories like this can have a major influence on people to the point where they consider Episode and real life the same. Episode either needs to make stories that fit their guidelines while still providing entertainment or change their guidelines (I’ll stop here as I don’t want to go way off topic). It’s honestly quite scary though how some people get influenced by this, especially the young. Anyways, amen to what you said :facepunch:

Heh, I love you, Jem, but I’m also pretty sure this one is a troll. I’m sure some people do see it like how she described, but I don’t know if they’d respond in the same rude manner as Softiee. I’m quite brutally honest, but I’m not rude about it LOL.

I don’t think any story or tips really tell anybody “how to get a man”, I feel like that requires a little bit more luck than any action to “get” a man, you know?

^ No one serious posts this. She’s just a troll, doesn’t deserve any attention.

Your POV is always appreciated though <3 <3 For the people that might truly think this story can apply to their real life, your post is :ok_hand:

Thanks @NelidaU , you’re so right, it’s better not to give them any attention if all they want to do is piss people off.

You are honestly super cool, smart and one of my fav people from the Forums <3 I’m glad I met you ^^

Your thoughts on topics are also much appreciated, and they’re very interesting :facepunch:

Just keep on being your wonderful self :sparkling_heart:

Sorry for going off topic. I’ll end it here lol :sunny:

So sweet <3 And same <3

You are very loveable!
It starts with a bra was make in a month made by a few people who loves their bras getting stolen and falling in love with a guy that should be in jail. :woman_shrugging:t5:

I read it completely, finished around 1 month ago. To be honest I didn’t felt it was super inappropriate, but it could have to do something with the fact that at this point I DON’T REMEMBER A SINGLE THING FROM THIS STORY. Like it never happened. That’s how bland and unoriginal it probably was.

Here are all the events in short:

1. See bad boy/girl, best friend tells you to start a relationship.
  2. See bad boy/girl naked through the window, get your bra stolen, see other ugly people that apparently dared them, can pay gems to use common sense.
  3. Go on a prank war with the bad boy/girl after they put your bra on the school flagpole, fail all your attempts, until you trick them to come naked to the stage, call everyone to the room, and remove the curtain, then the bad boy/girl kisses you.
  4. Filler chapter junk.
  5. Person who made your sister die by accident by cheating on them and making them run away and get hit by a car comes back and says she needs to talk to you.
  6. Decent person falls in love with you, so you pretend to fall in love with the bad boy/girl to make decent person sad.
  7. Find out that decent person’s girlfriend is cheating on him, and the bad boy/girl is cheating on you.
  8. Get dared to go into ocean during bad weather and faint.
  9. Bad boy/girl feels bad and kisses you at your house, you have a stupid option to “go all the way” or not.
  10. Bad boy/girl cheats on you again and says you’re too clingy.
  11. You convince bad boy/girl and decent person to go to prom together.
  12. Bad boy/girl says sorry and you choose to marry the bad boy/girl or the decent person.
  13. Story ends with you kissing the person you chose to marry.

Sounds as crappy as I imagined. Must’ve lost a good part of my brain while reading.

It’s even crappier than the list makes it seem.