Discussion: What are your opinions on It Starts With A Bra?

opinion
community

Just one of the many iconic bad boy stories on Episode. I didn’t plan on continuing to read the story after the first 2 episodes xD

If you’re okay with a man breaking into your bedroom and stealing your bra, and feeling attracted towards that… I wish you good luck to yourself and future relationships. That is not something to “learn” about how to get a man. It’s a crime.

If that’s how it works, I’d rather pretend that people don’t exist for the rest of my life.

Um, Episode isn’t for teaching people how to get a man, it’s for enjoyment :thinking:

It’s just entertainment, please don’t take it too seriously. I’m so worried you are reading these stories and seeing how to get a man based off them, that is really scary :sweat_smile:

Also, even though it’s entertainment, it does have guidelines and stories that don’t sit will with the episode community because they can have a negative impact on people. And they are right-your comment just further proves why stories can impact people in a harmful way. You believe that the app contains techniques to get a man which is very saddening to hear how you see it as something that affects your reality.

This is exactly why we have threads like this, these stories can have an influence on young people and you are one of the people who have sadly, took these stories to heart, believing they will give you insight into your real life on romance. Stories with these types of messages can have an effect on people. I hope you do realize that you shouldn’t be taking tips from these stories on how to get a guy, as these stories are purely fictional

Exactly, you are so right, stories like this can have a major influence on people to the point where they consider Episode and real life the same. Episode either needs to make stories that fit their guidelines while still providing entertainment or change their guidelines (I’ll stop here as I don’t want to go way off topic). It’s honestly quite scary though how some people get influenced by this, especially the young. Anyways, amen to what you said :facepunch:

Heh, I love you, Jem, but I’m also pretty sure this one is a troll. I’m sure some people do see it like how she described, but I don’t know if they’d respond in the same rude manner as Softiee. I’m quite brutally honest, but I’m not rude about it LOL.

I don’t think any story or tips really tell anybody “how to get a man”, I feel like that requires a little bit more luck than any action to “get” a man, you know?

^ No one serious posts this. She’s just a troll, doesn’t deserve any attention.

Your POV is always appreciated though <3 <3 For the people that might truly think this story can apply to their real life, your post is :ok_hand:

Thanks @NelidaU , you’re so right, it’s better not to give them any attention if all they want to do is piss people off.

You are honestly super cool, smart and one of my fav people from the Forums <3 I’m glad I met you ^^

Your thoughts on topics are also much appreciated, and they’re very interesting :facepunch:

Just keep on being your wonderful self :sparkling_heart:

Sorry for going off topic. I’ll end it here lol :sunny:

So sweet <3 And same <3

You are very loveable!
It starts with a bra was make in a month made by a few people who loves their bras getting stolen and falling in love with a guy that should be in jail. :woman_shrugging:t5:

I read it completely, finished around 1 month ago. To be honest I didn’t felt it was super inappropriate, but it could have to do something with the fact that at this point I DON’T REMEMBER A SINGLE THING FROM THIS STORY. Like it never happened. That’s how bland and unoriginal it probably was.

Here are all the events in short:

1. See bad boy/girl, best friend tells you to start a relationship.
  2. See bad boy/girl naked through the window, get your bra stolen, see other ugly people that apparently dared them, can pay gems to use common sense.
  3. Go on a prank war with the bad boy/girl after they put your bra on the school flagpole, fail all your attempts, until you trick them to come naked to the stage, call everyone to the room, and remove the curtain, then the bad boy/girl kisses you.
  4. Filler chapter junk.
  5. Person who made your sister die by accident by cheating on them and making them run away and get hit by a car comes back and says she needs to talk to you.
  6. Decent person falls in love with you, so you pretend to fall in love with the bad boy/girl to make decent person sad.
  7. Find out that decent person’s girlfriend is cheating on him, and the bad boy/girl is cheating on you.
  8. Get dared to go into ocean during bad weather and faint.
  9. Bad boy/girl feels bad and kisses you at your house, you have a stupid option to “go all the way” or not.
  10. Bad boy/girl cheats on you again and says you’re too clingy.
  11. You convince bad boy/girl and decent person to go to prom together.
  12. Bad boy/girl says sorry and you choose to marry the bad boy/girl or the decent person.
  13. Story ends with you kissing the person you chose to marry.

Sounds as crappy as I imagined. Must’ve lost a good part of my brain while reading.

It’s even crappier than the list makes it seem.

I wouldn’t say. I mean I managed to FINISH Bra, while with the List I couldn’t bare for more than 2 minutes. Well, depends on the person I guess

They won’t even release the cover-up animation that the bad boy/girl uses in the stupid stage scene.

What happened to this story? Did Episode glitch? At first the guy steals, but then it’s a package mixup, but now it’s back to theft.

probably changed it due to controversy of breaking into the girls house

But then why is it changed back?

its still them getting their packages mixed up

It’s not very good. I started it off with a mindset it would be a cheesy bad boy story but I tried to keep a mindset that maybe it would be good? It was MUCH worse than I thought. First of all, the MC and Alec are EXTREMELY TOXIC! They literally break into each other’s rooms and they two options you get are “Flirt” or “Insult them but later kiss them?” The Love interest and MC are both SO unlikable. The MC is HARASSED by the Love interest, he literally steals her bra and hangs it for the whole school to see and he posts embarrassing pictures of her to thousands of people and her reaction? Get back at him instead of telling the Principal and honestly the 2nd love interest is the ONLY one I liked during the story. Now I’m not trying to bash the whole ‘enemies to lover’ relationship because SOMETIMES it works out great and is amazing! In this case, it did not. Even when they were fake dating he still cheated on her… TWICE. Then all of a sudden, in chapter 8 & 9 he suddenly likes and cares for her… literally OUT of the blue! It made no sense and was pretty bad. To conclude, there’s way more better stories so don’t waste your time reading this toxic relationship unfold…

Oh, but I guess it just reloaded to my original save.
That’s kind of shitty.