Discussion: What are your opinions on It Starts With A Bra?

You’re right. You totally can. However a lot of people do love these stories and that’s why I’m assuming that’s why we haven’t seen much of anything else from the he Featured Section.

3 Likes

Definitely! And even when sex and crime are mentioned, there are ways to make sure that the story still sticks to guidelines and doesn’t promote illegal activity. It’s all about tact and respect, really.

14 Likes

This story is beyond amazing and I know it’s gonna be one of the best featured stories for sure.

10 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with liking a story that people disagree with, as long as you can understand where the other side is coming from. I mean, it’s important to see the flaws in anything and understand how it may influence people negatively whether you like it or not.

We all have guilty pleasures!

9 Likes

I’m sure when the bad boy changes and becomes nicer and sweeter by the end of the story, it will be an even better story.

1 Like

To be honest, my biggest fear is that the bad boys/girls won’t even learn. Everything they’ve done so far is problematic, and yet it hasn’t been treated that way, it has been rather treated as a joke, by their friends, by the background characters, and the MC has been treated almost crazy for not being okay with it. Following that logic, it is very likely they won’t learn. Yes, they’ll probably stop being awful towards the MC because they’ll develop feelings, but that’s not the point. You shouldn’t be decent or respectful towards someone because you have feelings for them, but rather because, as people, it’s the least they deserve…

So, yeah, I hope they fix it, but I doubt it.

9 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with people liking this story, this is a matter of taste. Also, I realize that someone has put their work into directing the story, and it’s good to know that there are readers who appreciated the effort.

But I don’t think this kind of stories should be featured and advertised on the app. I love Episode but I don’t understand why they’re trying to position Episode as a guilty pleasure app when it can be absolutely everything.
This story is highly problematic for the reasons people named above. I appreciate that there’s an option to call the police and that the MC says that breaking&entering&stealing things is illegal. But I think that in a featured story, reasonable actions should be the only option.
I can easily imagine that in a stressful situation, young people may subconsciously imitate what they saw in stories. And that’s why featured stories should be more educational (this won’t make them less enjoyable). Reading a story with healthy choices can save lives, prevent sexual assaults and other problems.

There were more things I didn’t enjoy (I’ve read one chapter). It wasn’t pleasant to read how girls objectified the bad boy/girl, and the scenes of bullying didn’t make me happy at all, just as the jokes about underwear/balls/boobs or the obsession with bad boys. This is my taste that I wouldn’t like to impose, but I believe that featured stories set a bar for new writers, and I’m terrified to think that this is an example of ideas/humor that the readers would like to see in every story. And this definitely isn’t an example of how an author should keep to the guidelines.

I’m happy for the readers who like romance stories cooked using the same recipe (bad boys, popular mean girls, parties, enemies-to-lovers etc.) but personally, I’d prefer to see something fresh and wholesome featured on the app.

19 Likes

A while back I read this story on Wattpad which was called “Tha bad boy stole my bra” and when I saw “It started with a bra” I immediately thought of that Wattpad story and when I started reading it I realized it is the exact same story and all the characters have the exact same names as in the Wattpad story!! I’m seriously so disappointed with episode, not only because they come up with stories that shouldn’t be read by kids but also because they can’t even come up with their own stories and are now stealing other people’s works!!

6 Likes

With the criticism, yes these are things that I would not condone in real life. However I try not to treat Episode like real life and instead try to treat it like a television show where actors are moving on a chess board into wild scenarios. This is why I unapologetically am rooting for this story and I’m excited to see where the love blossoms between the main character and the bad boy who in my opinion is very sexy and I can’t wait for more and I know a lot of people do love this story too.

1 Like

I’m sure episode bought the rights from the owner, they wouldn’t just steal the idea from them. The baby project from what i’ve heard was also a wattpad story that’s rights were bought to adapt to episode.

8 Likes

This story was licensed from the Wattpad author.

11 Likes

The issue stems really from this being an Episode featured story. Episode is putting their name on this story which in turn makes it to appear to be portraying their beliefs or what is popular.

With this also being a featured story, it is the first thing you see when logging into the app. A lot of people are going to read it for it strictly being a featured story (plus they get gems for reading). They aren’t going to think twice about reading a featured story because there is the assumption that featured stories are going to be “safe” in terms of the guidelines and topics. This story gave no warning however for the mature scenes it contained.

Young girls are very influenced by what they read and see; both here, in real life, and on TV. If this wasn’t a featured story with Episodes name on it I think it would be a little less of a big deal, but since Episode has this story center stage so many impressionable people are seeing this message that maybe they shouldn’t be sending.

15 Likes

However i’d argue that these stories are easily accessible whether or not featured through episode.
I do agree that a mature warning should have been given and I hope they do so for future chapters.

1 Like

I think the issue with this is that not punishing the bad boy for criminal actions and then having the MC fall for him promotes criminal activity.

12 Likes

I did read the first chapter and it’s a nope for me… The concept/plot is a weird wild…

Few questions of this messed up stories line…

-Why is he BREAKING into her house to grab a BRA?

-How does he get to his house so quickly?

-And why does he go back to his house and have a party with two other guy friends because he has her bra?

-Why is she taunting her with HER BRA!?!

-Why is he “blackmailing” her with her bra?

-Why tf was that a dare? And by who?

-Why didn’t she call the cops, bruh, he literally broke into her house TWICE and stole something MULTIPLE TIMES?..

-Why did she hang her under garments on a tree outside of her house!? That can be counted as property damage/graffiti…

Anyways that’s all I have to say, this story is just crazy, weird and i dont even know… But it does have good spot directing i guess. Also, its such a bad influence on the younger people that read episode… smh…

20 Likes

In the order the questions were asked:
1)Apparently for a dare
2)Teleportation
3)I think they were already at his house. And because he is clearly a weirdo.
4)Because he is a immature freak.
5)Covered by answer 4.
6)I’m guessing the 2 other guys dared him because they are immature freaks.
7)Because that would be too easy.
8)I don’t think that would be property damage and it’s not graffiti.

11 Likes

:joy: sometimes I don’t get episode :woman_shrugging: but yea you’re right about the graffiti, just popped in my mind. BUT i stg if this story is going to have graffiti… idek

3 Likes

I think it’s much more likely to be considered vandalism, but it depends on the judge!

5 Likes

it’s stupid & i hate it
pretty cliche in my opinion

lmao i don’t care enough to type out a giant rant

that’s just my opinion, srry if it’s offensive !!
:star2:

15 Likes

I reading it right now