Discussion: What are your opinions on It Starts With A Bra?

I am so tired of Episode and their obsession with bad boys, especially ones who are unlikable!

I have never read the original story, so I don’t know if Episode did a terrible job transferring the story over, or if the characters are really like this. Either way, this story is disgusting! I was waiting for the MC to call the police and arrest the bad boy/girl for breaking and entering.

22 Likes

Honestly, this makes me want to write a parody story that a hot sexy bad boy/girl suddenly turns unattractive and their love interest would suddenly think of their actions are creepy or something

You should :joy:

And for some reason that automatically made me think of this:
hotchick2

(Movie: The Hot Chick)

17 Likes

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL AND RIGHT ON POINT. Can we please make a petition to end stories like these?

8 Likes

What an excellent opinion! I agree 100% with everything you said. I also feel that Episode is becoming, well fucking trash. I mean, at this point, it’s getting to be too much. I want to delete the app, but loving writing there. Even if my plot is original, unlike most stories. So, basically everything you said were facts.

14 Likes

I’m not gonna hate on episode because it is an amazing platform with so many inspiring authors. I understand some stories are questionable but it seems to be what sells.

8 Likes

Actually I’m love it and waiting for next episode s! Most of all when Alec stands in the stage naked?!

2 Likes

I think he learn a lesson from the main character!

1 Like

I Think it’s an ok story but it’s a little anoying that really early in the story that you need to use gems

So what?! You can chose other choice! :kissing_heart: :kissing_closed_eyes::strawberry:

What do you mean???

There are certain choice that use gems right as you wrote or I misunderstood! Well, maybe there are two choices. One unlocked with gems and another for free. I only advise that if you don’t have gems then chose the other choice!

No Because then i dont get the choice that i want

That is seem to be a point! Supported

Agreed! They have transferred all the movies like pretty little liars, Pitch perfect, etc…to their featured stories! (!)

1 Like

I haven’t been writing my stories much or engaging with Episode, and the release of this story reminds me why. Every time some reads my stories (and I’ve had almost 400k reads), it earns money for Episode, a company so morally bankrupt that it features a story like this. No wonder I can’t bring myself to even open the portal half the time.

My main issues are with the premise, I haven’t been in the mood to force myself to read it.

1. If you find a strange boy in your room, you should call the police. That is the behaviour of a proto-sex pest, who’ll start by being a peeping Tom, then escalate to scaring women by following them home in the dark, or worse. It is the sort of thing serial killers do in their adolescence. It isn’t cute, it is sociopathic.

2. The notion that if a guy is hot or sexy, his bad behaviour is fine is not just a boring cliche, it is dangerous. 22% of women suffer from domestic violence in the USA in their lifetime. The romanticisation of abusive behaviour means that young girls reading Episode may not identify red flags in their relationship.

3. Sex in high school will happen regardless. I did it and to be honest, I don’t have an issue with this. What I do have an issue is with is Episode making “bad boys” the continual object of desire. They are more likely to pressure you into something you are not ready for. Teenagers (and many adults) do not always have a full understanding of consent. No means no.

4. Don’t dismiss this by saying “It’s just a story”, this tropes do not exist in a vacuum. These stories are becoming part of a cultural landscape for teenage girls. Any parents on Episode happy with this behaviour being seen as the norm, because as a mother I am not.

5. If someone acts like a stalker, breaking into the MCs house. Make him the creepy villian, not the love interest.

I am so done with this nonsense.

Grow up Episode, start featuring stories that empower young women rather than grooming them from a life of victimhood.

37 Likes

I feel this comment almost descended from heaven. THANK YOU! :raised_hands:

8 Likes

Wonderfully said thank you. Though I doubt episode will listen. Turning their young users into victims (even if it were only one… That’s already too many) earns them a lot of money and that’s the only language they speak it seems :worried:

12 Likes

I wrote my post after reading the first chapter and part of the second, thinking the story would continue the same. Honestly, I was shocked at episodes 2 & 3. The MC becomes cornered by the bad boy/girl in the bathroom with all three naked. I don’t know how Episode approved this story never mind wrote it. I would personally be very uncomfortable, verging on scared if that happened to me. Also, the bad boy/girl posts pictures of you sleeping on their social media. I don’t understand how this is meant to be funny, it’s cyber bullying and (I think at least) is a crime.

I totally agree with all your points, don’t waste your passes like I did. :persevere:

21 Likes

I agree with you fully and I’ve read Lolita it’s such a brilliantly written book that’s it’s so wrong but was written so well.

With this story it’s crap plain and simple I’m a adult and have read a lot of books Lolita clockwork orange even endless love that are all stories that certainly aren’t PG but are written well and aren’t offensive.

Then you got this crap that’s is offensive the bad boy acts like my cousin did at 8 he stole my bra and I kicked the absolute crap out of him.

A 16 or whatever age the male love interest is so immature and disgusting and what’s with the nudity the original story which is trash as well didn’t nearly as much nudity.

Episode lately has a fedish for these revolting bad boy stories that aren’t even written well and the sleeze what happened it turned from having decent feature stories to filth.

And this sex sex sex thing which started late last year haut as hell seemed to start this filth (which I love haut as hell) ever since then a downward spiral of poorly written stories and revolves around sex we don’t need stories like this as there is plenty on the app.

12 Likes

I’m 15 and I don’t even want to know the plot of the story

6 Likes