DISCUSSION: What do y'all think about medical stories?

Alright, i love medical shows okay? I like live for them but, what about medical episode stories? What do y’all think about that? :hugs: :heart:

3 Likes

Hm… I think it would be pretty cool if there were Episode stories that were like those medical shows. I think there are some.

1 Like

There are some medical stories on Episode but the one I’m most familiar with is The Vet’s Heart

1 Like

Wasted Roses by Genevieve Marshall
Anatomy of Life by Isabella T.
are two of my favorites.

1 Like

Due to the amount of misrepresentation and not enough research on the profession in a majority of Episode stories, I’ve become quite skeptic whenever I see a new one. The most annoying and misrepresented trope I’ve found is the doctor MC being the absolute virtuoso of medicine; she would switch shifts everyday between working in the ER, performing heart surgery and being an ob-gyn like dAMn. Please pleeease do more research if anyone’s planning to make a decent medical story— no doctor does basically everything in normal situations.

As for medical shows, they’re okay, but a lot of them have redundant themes like emotional struggle, getting attached to the patient et cetera so those can be pretty boring.

3 Likes

I’ve read 2 medical stories on the app. Lovesick a REALLY old featured Classic story which I think was never completed. Love Diagnosis by Natasha Hills. Both of them were more “hospital drama” aka General Hospital soap-opera style than a “medical story”

1 Like

I’ll make sure to check them out :slight_smile:

I’ll give them a read
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think i’ve heard of it but i’ll check it out :heart:

Yeah i get what you mean

Yes there are some and i think the same too:) i mean it would be a nice change instead of that classic mafia boss plot that most of the app has

1 Like

I’m writing one right now but the main theme is mental health. But there is a few medical storylines too…I really hope I did it justice

1 Like

I think it’s cool because it show the reality about
The medical wordl (job) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe I also read Lovesick but I will admit I don’t remember much because it was so so long ago. I’m not caught up on Wasted Roses, but enjoyed the parts I read so far!

Otherwise, I actually haven’t come across any medical stories in the app so far, but I might check some out. Can’t comment on TV shows because I also haven’t seen those :sweat_smile:

But I think that, if they’re accurate, medical stories could be really great!

1 Like