DISCUSSION: What do you like / dislike about stories and genres?

Hello Everyone! :heart:

I’ve been recently wondering what types of stories (and genres) people like and dislike to read. This is because, over the years that I have been on Episode, I have read so many different stories so I’m really interested to know what people think! :thinking:

I’m really interested to find out what people like and dislike when they are reading and what genres people like and dislike too! Please leave a comment below and let me know what you think! I would love to know your opinion! :blush:

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you have a wonderful morning, afternoon, or evening wherever you are! :heart:

1 Like

i personally don’t like those star/movie remake episodes! it’s just weird becouse you know how the look like and how they are in real life and… i just don’t enjoy reading them :woman_shrugging::joy:

4 Likes

That’s understandable! What do you like about stories? :thinking:

1 Like

i don’t really know, mostly if the story has a good story line! but i think just the overall package make me like or disslike a story :grin::woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Not sure if this counts but…I hate going into the fantasy genre and trying to find a good story that is mostly fantasy and not romance. Sadly, it’s full of stories about vampires that revolve around romance.

7 Likes

That’s fair enough! Thank you for messaging! :blush:

1 Like

I can see why it can get a bit much. What stories do you like? :smile:

1 Like

I’m a sucker for romance when it’s done right, it’s my favorite genre to read although I do complain about seeing it too much, it’s true and I’d like to see a variety of stories of different genres. I love thrillers/horrors, actions/adventures (action doesn’t always need to include mafias & gangs), fantasy/Sci-Fi, & comedy!

4 Likes

That’s great! I really like romance too! :heart:

I really hate stories w abusive LIs, I’ve said this so many times before but… it’s the worst hah. I really dislike high school stories too, I can live w the Mc going to high school but not if it’s the whole plot.

But I really love like comedy and horror stories, unfortunately I have a hard time to find ones that I like. I really love reality show stories as well!! And mystery :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I’m not too fond of drama but I can find ones I like ones in a while as well. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

My absolute favourite genres to read are fantasy and adventure as they are the genre’s that mostly have historical/old period stories or stories about different realms and I absolutely love those type of stories. My least favourite genre to read is romance as majority of the stories there are the same. However, I will still read a romance story if it is really interesting and really grabs my attention

3 Likes

same with action.

2 Likes

That’s understandable. I personally like it when there is a story that starts off in high school, but you see the characters grow older and get careers and have families etc. :grinning:

2 Likes

You mentioned about how with romance you’ll read it if it grabs your attention. What is it romance stories that would grab your attention? :thinking:

Old period romance stories lol or romance stories that does not involve any mafia, bad boy or student teacher relationships. Anything I notice that is unique or hasn’t been written about by a lot of authors

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s understandable. I see a lot of stories like that too. Some of them can be quite interesting, but I’d personally like to see more stories that show romance in a different way. :heart:

1 Like

I don’t really like going to the Thriller/Horror section and romance stories or abuse stories. I mean, abuse and mental health stories could be good and informative, if handled correctly but I don’t want to see it over and over. Same with highschool horror stories, vampire stories, zombie stories, ghost stories, etc.

2 Likes

I think one overused topic is a mystery where people disappear at a sleepover. It’s really annoying after a while because I like mystery and I only find those and revenge for your parents.

I do like some romance but sometimes the mc just makes really bad choices and makes me stop reading. But as I said before I love mystery but there aren’t many good ones! :sweat:

2 Likes

I don’t like romances where it’s just shy nerd falls for a popular boy. How about something more realistic? :grin:

3 Likes

Okayyy! What stories do you like? :blush: