Discussion: What Is The Hardest Part When Writing A Story On Episode

probably keeping it brief. I feel like I spend the majority of my time editing out long mc thought rants that probably add some level to the story, but overall could be summarized better in a line or two

1 Like

MOOD! :tired_face:

I just want my laptop to somehow read my mind and know what to do

4 Likes

Thisss!! Always thinking Iā€™m overusing :joy:

Trying to make it all run smoothly and not sound to much like itā€™s one point then another Iā€™m rather new to it all and Iā€™m terrible at writing and spelling so I keep having to re write everything over and over again

1 Like

Trying to plan. I have always hated planning so I try to do some planning but I prefer to get into coding as soon as possible. Itā€™s the fun yet stressful part of writing an episode story.

1 Like

Personally, I find creating the actual story is the hardest. By the time I finish a chapter Iā€™m already scrapping it because ā€œit doesnā€™t sound rightā€ or I donā€™t like the way it feels. I guess I have a hard time putting my thoughts into words, never mind scripting it.

3 Likes

Here are a few of my suggestions if anyone can help me, I would love that!

• The beginning of the story is usually harder to write
  • Keeping a scene going can also b a huge struggle
  • Making outfits with tattoos or birthmarks, itā€™s so annoying
  • Finding the right description
  • Getting the perfect title
  • Making names that represent the characters culture and their personality all at once

So yeah, thatā€™s what I find hard!

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if youā€™ve got questions. :smiley:

Iā€™ll list out a few I have:

-Continuing the story. Sure, Iā€™ll have a few ideas for the first few batch of chapters, but after (at least) chapter 10, I canā€™t figure out where the plot would go from there.
-Creating outfits with tattoos, birthmarks, scars, freckles, and more physical appearance things. It would be more simple if they added it to the character creation tab, as I feel like it belongs there.
-Dialog. I donā€™t want the characters to come off as annoying or cold when speaking to each other, so itā€™s just complicated.
-Spot Directing and Coding. This is the annoying part; so I might have my story all planned out and everything, but I am not a fan of this. It is very time consuming, and makes me feel un-motivated to write.
-BACKGROUND CHARACTERS AND OUTFITSSS. I run out of ideas for outfits fast, and I donā€™t want to customize almost every background character to look particularly different as I donā€™t want duplicates, but I also donā€™t want my story to look like a ghost town. TwT

Thatā€™s just about it.

2 Likes

I can agree with ā€œkeeping a scene ongoing.ā€ I just wouldnā€™t know how to keep it going, but I donā€™t want to skip to the next scene so quickly!

Also, about the title and description, you could base it off of the main moral/lesson/idea of the story. Although, itā€™s hard to find original titles/descriptions that arenā€™t already taken and typically cliche. E.x: Letā€™s say a story is about childhood friends falling in love years later, but the title is like ā€œIn Love with my Best Friendā€, ā€œFirst Loveā€, etc. However, as I mentioned before, I think both should be based off of the moral or based idea of the story. Like, if the main idea is to learn about self-acceptance, you can make a description and title for that.

2 Likes

a week thatā€™s nothing
im in one scene for like a month now

3 Likes

Spot directing.

2 Likes

Dialogue. I usually have a plotline mapped out but I never really get dialouge right on the first try, its usually long and just loaded with useless stuff which is just a bad habit of mine. I just type in random letters hoping to come up with dialougue after the directing. The fact that Iā€™m too sarcastic and havent spoken to anyone but myself in the shower doesnā€™t help either.

3 Likes

Wow! That is amazing advice, tysm I ill definitely be using that in the future!!

1 Like

JUST THE CODING AND OUTFITS, AS WELL AS CHECKING FOR GLITCHES. OMFG. Iā€™ll write the whole script to copy and paste, have every last thing detailed then give up from the outfits.

2 Likes

Np! Have fun coming up with ideas. :]

1 Like

Plot. The goddamn plot.

1 Like

I punched my cousinā€™s laptop when I was coding in it lol. Thank God there was no damage :joy:

I struggle when I donā€™t find the animation needed. Once I went through the animation section for like 1 hour just to realise that I skipped the animation twice :woman_facepalming:t2:

Also when I imagine something super amazing but while coding I am brain dead or I just realise that I am dumb while doing that annoys me the most :rofl:

I can go on lol

2 Likes

@Lino_episode

BACKGROUND CHARACTERS AND OUTFITSSS. I run out of ideas for outfits fast, and I donā€™t want to customize almost every background character to look particularly different as I donā€™t want duplicates, but I also donā€™t want my story to look like a ghost town. TwT

Same hereā€¦ :woman_facepalming: I am now at a scene where I need to make and use background charactersā€¦ :dizzy_face: And I already done a lot for itā€¦ But my problem is also choosing the right animations (and more animations) for those BG-charactersā€¦ :wink: You donā€™t want those BG-characters doing the same animation over and over again.

3 Likes