DISCUSSION: What is your opinion on plots that inculde the death of the MC?

Hi, I was thinking about this topic some time ago and I would like to know what y’all think of that kind of plot :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess it depends on the story genre, I wouldn’t mind as long as it makes sense and doesn’t feel forced even though I do prefer happy endings.
What I don’t like is when the MC had a shitty life already and was suffering the whole time only to die at the end.

9 Likes

I think it’s fine just as long as it’s not a cop out. I hate it when a character is dead and they’re just like: “Oh hello! I was just having a quick rest lol”

5 Likes

If it’s your creative vision, then go for it. Don’t add it just as a plot twist though, it has to have some significance and thought to it. :thinking:

7 Likes

Yeah i agree :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha, I get where you are coming from but i’m a plot twist lover so even tho i cry my eyes out when that happens to a story i really like it :joy: :heart:

3 Likes

Yeah, I get you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m thinking of having this as my ending but not quite sure yet :joy:.

1 Like

I love stories that don’t end happily. It makes them more realistic and therefore more impactful on the reader.

2 Likes

Haha i feel you girl

1 Like

I completly agree!

1 Like

depends on the story. it always suck but sometimes it is the best action for the story.

1 Like

True:)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.