Discussion: what makes you WANT to read someone’s story?

Hello! So I am currently writing my first ever story which should hopefully be out by the 16 or 17th of this month. I am trying to add plots that doesn’t make it a cliché and stuff
So I just have a couple questions for all you epis so I can make my story worth reading for you all! You don’t have to answer Any/all of the questions below but I would really appreciate it if you did :slight_smile:

1-What do you ENJOY reading about in a story?

2-What makes you NOT want to carry on reading a story?

3-Do you have any plot ideas I could use? (But I don’t want this to be a spoiler so I won’t be replying back saying “thank you I’ll use this” or anything. I may just take your idea as inspiration and tweak it a little bit :slight_smile: )
(I’ll just reply saying thank you!)

4- Whats something that would make my story get into your recommended box?

Thank you!!!

3 Likes

creative storyline either something i’ve never read before or a fun twist on things. being able to feel like you know and connect with the characters a story, each with their own little personalities, good grammar, good directing ( doesnt have to be advanced just smooth and simple can do the trick )

lack of updating can make me forget about a story and move on, i love stories with show dont tell and with episode it makes it a whole lot easier. dont start off stories with “hi! my name is (mcs name here) and this is my story.” to be frank its overused and dull. two dimensional characters can really be a huge factor whether i will continue with your story ! also proof reading is good (: (thats probably ironic cause im not proof reading rn and im sure im making tones of errors LOL)

3-Do you have any plot ideas I could use?
none at the moment, sorry if i do ill come back to you ! i have a serious case of writers block

4- Whats something that would make my story get into your recommended
create an instagram page, be active with your followers and share sneak peaks and fun little extras to keep us interested, thats where i find a lot of my hidden gems and half of my library.

tip: dont overstress yourself while writing or force yourself to make an original storyline, nothing really is original. just have fun and let your creativity flow, im sure you’ll create something amazing <3

1 Like

Thank you so much! :joy: I’m so glad I haven’t done any of the “what not to do” already. But thank you this helps me so much :slight_smile:

1. Complexity. I like a complex plot in a story that keeps me reading. The best thing about complex plots is that they are unique and well-thought out, instead of being another cliche plot that we are all aware of. I enjoy complex characters who each have a unique background, characters of whom are relateable amd realistic.
  2. I can’t keep up with stories that have cliche plots and characters because it’s too predictable and I already have a feeling of what’s going to happen next. (Unless there is a comedy story out there that pokes fun at these cliches by using them).
  3. Plot ideas. I reccomend just thinking up some of your own. Just write down the first thing that comes to mind and tweak it. That’s what I do. I have this plot idea you could draw inspiration from since I’m too busy with another story to write it.
    “You and your best friend lodge in home full of strangers during a brutal snow storm on Christmas Eve, only to find out there is something very unusual about them.”
  4. A unique storyline, with great characters, directing, theme, and style. But most of all, if you’re passionate about what you write, instead of just writing for reads.
2 Likes

Good written stories. with a good plot. and I love advance drecting

really bad directing. I am fine with reading a good story with basic directing. but if you can not even get the basic right I am out.

3-Do you have any plot ideas I could use? (But I don’t want this to be a spoiler so I won’t be replying back saying “thank you I’ll use this” or anything. I may just take your idea as inspiration and tweak it a little bit :slight_smile: )
I think you should find your own idea. ideas are not hard to get. its hard to execute them. I could give you an idea that sound good but it wont be if you dont write it good

4- Whats something that would make my story get into your recommended box?
Well I mostly read fantasy, so be a good fantasy story

1 Like

Thank you this helps a lot! :slight_smile:

Thank you this helps me!!

1 Like

I am serious with the directing. its better you spend and extra mounth and make sure people is at the right layer and dosent face the wrong way. you wont get more reads just because you publish a story before its ready. if you feel like you need to say sorry for the story then it is not ready to be publish

2 Likes

Trust me I might be new but my current story isn’t a push over. I have more advanced stuff in it than somebody would expect a “noobie” to include and I am very passionate. Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

good to hear. I have seen new authors make really amazing stories. I have also seen people with multiple stories who still cant do the basic

1 Like

:joy::joy:yes for real it’s really annoying and I get annoyed when people hear I’m a new author so they assume I’m really bad. I’m not one of those people who are like “I’m this and I’m that” but I’m it even gonna lie I just think my story is more than an armature. I have included things a lot of authors still don’t know how to do and The coding is so easy for me. :joy::joy:

1 Like

good to hear I can mention a bunch of first stories there is really amazing. prove that you are too and make a great story. and nice to hear you find the codeing easy. that is usally the thing people struggle with.

as a new author can I give you this advice. prof read your story on your phone before you publish it. like when you are ready to hit that publish button sit down and read the entire story on your phone first.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice! Also please may you suggest a new authors first story that’s been good? I would like to compare mine with theirs lmao

1 Like

sure. I am not 100% sure its their only story. buts its their only story on their profile. so I think they are new writers

white nights by Diamy
identical by Rachh
Draken stone by Jane belrose
The depths of newport by baechulgi

1 Like

• Realistic characters,
  • original plot, diversity,
  • action,
  • strong MC’s that think for themselves,

• 2 Dimension characters,
  • no diversity or just stereotype diversity,
  • abuse no taken serious,
  • the MC best friend is sleeping with the MC’s SO,
  • MC’s with no backbone and lets people walk all over them,
  • MC is pregnant the day after they had sex,
  • a**hole LI with no redeeming qualities,
  • forced marriages,
  • a**hole in laws that try to kill you,
  • psycho ex’s that try to kill you,
  • double standards like the MC can have 5 lovers but freaks out when one of them is talking to someone that is not the MC
  • Romance stories

3-Do you have any plot ideas I could use?
A lot of my plot ideas don’t fit the Episode guidelines, but if Ivy ever gets a writers portal then I’d be happy to share

4- Whats something that would make my story get into your recommended

• A cool cover, it’s the first thing that grabs my attention
  • A well written summary
  • Fantasy, Horror, Action genre
2 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you this will help me make a better story! :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.