DISCUSSION: What’s your opinion on Gem choices?

In my opinion, gem choices are stupid. I feel like they are never worth it and they cost too much gems. All the episode featured stories have them, which is exactly what puts me off reading them. Even if I do pick a gem choice, it never has absolutely any effect on the story and I always end up getting pissed off for using up the gems that I save up for like months. I don’t even know why they put gem choices, is it to earn money or something? Either way, they should stop gem choices, unless the choice actually has a big impact on the story

4 Likes

Bingo. :money_with_wings:

5 Likes

That’s messed up lol

1 Like

Gem choices can go jump off a microwave

3 Likes

:joy::heart:

1 Like

I don’t mind them seeing as I have plenty to spend, which sounds insensitive I know. :joy: However, I know when I first downloaded the Episode app & started playing the featured stories they irked the hell outta me. I mean they’re so overpriced & useless at times, seeing as a lot of them don’t even use the point system. (Prosecutie :roll_eyes:) Eh, it’s really just a cash-grab but I guess Episode has to find a few efficient ways to make money.

3 Likes

I don’t understand the point of Gem choices that gives you a sentence for an extra scene and has no real impact on the story. Waste of money and Gems

1 Like

They’re way overpriced and I really can’t stand how they make you feel bad just because you couldn’t afford the gem choice.

5 Likes

Exactly. I was reading some tips on writer portal for adding choices to my stories and Episode specifically wrote that adding choices which will make readers feel bad about themselves or anything isn’t recommended to be added.

1 Like

I think they’re pointless too. Doesn’t give us the opportunity to see the outcome of the episode. Hate it when an outfit is a gem option because it wouldn’t make sense if the character wore the bland looking outfit to wherever they’re going and so on.

1 Like

There overpriced and do absolutely nothing towards the story and I hate gem choices with clothing so wrong all clothing and hair styles (not of the licenced stories) should be released onto the app or if you pay to unlock a certain outfit it should be unlocked onto the portal to use for your own stories it still cost money for the reader but at least your money goes to good use.

1 Like

yet another example of episode’s hypocrisy lmao

2 Likes

I have a thread where I am writing up a little spotlight about good featured stories and I talk about the gem choice experiences in those stories if you’re interested :wink:

1 Like

It would be great if the gems choices could be like 10 :joy: and they gave us more options for non gem choices. It’s either this awesome thing or this boring thing. No happy or interesting medium. And they make your MC feel like trash when you don’t pick the gem choice. Also, it’s cool that writers can add gem choices to their stories. Not cool that we can’t choose the amount. Some choices may be deemed less worthy than others. Let writers pick! Not all should be automatically 30 -_-
Sorry for rambling, but it’s a bit annoying for me lol

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t think it is messed up if they wanna earn money from gem choices, they’re a company-the problem is the fact that their gem choices are overpriced and the scenes u unlock aren’t worth the gems you used so it feels like u got scammed which makes u mad. BTW I dislike gem choices which is why I’ll never use them or add them, but each to their own :gem:

1 Like

I hate gem choices for the sole reason that they cost too much and don’t affect the story. BUT I don’t mind them in user stories because they are actually done right! Like in Under You where you can buy head or heart points and it’s usually cheap and affects the storyline, and in The Infected where you can build up your relationships with others. If episode wants to continue gem choices they should make them well done, and use them sparingly. There’s nothing I hate more than a gem choice every two lines, and if the reader chooses the alternative they get put down for it and the other characters show their disapproval. And honestly, gem choice outfits are kind of stupid. What do we get except for a couple of extra lines of dialogue and maybe an extra short scene? Nothing.

2 Likes

Exactly! If they are so expensive, everyday like how we get 4 passes every 2 hours, let us get 4 gems!

1 Like

I don’t like gem choices. When we don’t pick the gem choice we have to dress like a trash can. How about some realistic gem choices that are maybe a little risky or at least a choice where the character has a reasonable reason not to pick the gem choice.

1 Like

Exactly, when you don’t pick it, it makes you feel bad and you don’t feel like playing that story.

1 Like

I get only 2 tickets after waiting 4 hours…