DISCUSSION: What’s your opinion on Gem choices?

I think they’re pointless too. Doesn’t give us the opportunity to see the outcome of the episode. Hate it when an outfit is a gem option because it wouldn’t make sense if the character wore the bland looking outfit to wherever they’re going and so on.

1 Like

There overpriced and do absolutely nothing towards the story and I hate gem choices with clothing so wrong all clothing and hair styles (not of the licenced stories) should be released onto the app or if you pay to unlock a certain outfit it should be unlocked onto the portal to use for your own stories it still cost money for the reader but at least your money goes to good use.

1 Like

yet another example of episode’s hypocrisy lmao

2 Likes

I have a thread where I am writing up a little spotlight about good featured stories and I talk about the gem choice experiences in those stories if you’re interested :wink:

1 Like

It would be great if the gems choices could be like 10 :joy: and they gave us more options for non gem choices. It’s either this awesome thing or this boring thing. No happy or interesting medium. And they make your MC feel like trash when you don’t pick the gem choice. Also, it’s cool that writers can add gem choices to their stories. Not cool that we can’t choose the amount. Some choices may be deemed less worthy than others. Let writers pick! Not all should be automatically 30 -_-
Sorry for rambling, but it’s a bit annoying for me lol

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t think it is messed up if they wanna earn money from gem choices, they’re a company-the problem is the fact that their gem choices are overpriced and the scenes u unlock aren’t worth the gems you used so it feels like u got scammed which makes u mad. BTW I dislike gem choices which is why I’ll never use them or add them, but each to their own :gem:

1 Like

I hate gem choices for the sole reason that they cost too much and don’t affect the story. BUT I don’t mind them in user stories because they are actually done right! Like in Under You where you can buy head or heart points and it’s usually cheap and affects the storyline, and in The Infected where you can build up your relationships with others. If episode wants to continue gem choices they should make them well done, and use them sparingly. There’s nothing I hate more than a gem choice every two lines, and if the reader chooses the alternative they get put down for it and the other characters show their disapproval. And honestly, gem choice outfits are kind of stupid. What do we get except for a couple of extra lines of dialogue and maybe an extra short scene? Nothing.

2 Likes

Exactly! If they are so expensive, everyday like how we get 4 passes every 2 hours, let us get 4 gems!

1 Like

I don’t like gem choices. When we don’t pick the gem choice we have to dress like a trash can. How about some realistic gem choices that are maybe a little risky or at least a choice where the character has a reasonable reason not to pick the gem choice.

1 Like

Exactly, when you don’t pick it, it makes you feel bad and you don’t feel like playing that story.

1 Like

I get only 2 tickets after waiting 4 hours…

That’s probably because you may have just downloaded the app, that happened to me too for a while then they update it to four, I’ll show you a picture.

How do I open that challenge thing… I don’t have that letter thingie on bottom corner…

You’ll probably get it soon. I’ve had the app for 2 years so that’s probably why I’ve got it.

You can really see difference in old and new stories, the gem choices different
Old story they have more impact, now they’re just for a clothing you use once and never see again!!

1 Like

I understand that gem choices are necessary for them. They also have to earn money somehow but idk, they could do something like challenges?

For example, if you read 20+ chapters from stories in a day, or finish 100 books or something, you should get gems as a reward. At least then there will be some way of getting them.

Most of us in episode are teenagers who can’t spend a lot of money on games so gem choices are a total no no for me. Especially when they are for a clothing that I am gonna see for, at most, five minutes.

2 Likes

Moved Episode Fan Community since this is an Episode-related topic. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.