Discussion when does INK become like classic?

I kinda feel like INK will become like classic in the near future…
what are you’re thoughts on this?

4 Likes

What do you mean like classic? :wink:

Forgotten, People Will start to use it less or just don’t use it anymore
Causes the authors I follow all switch to LL and they say that they do it because Ink is outdated and Forgotten

2 Likes

I’m getting kind of annoyed with LL now because Ink was hot for a second then LL completely overshadowed it.

3 Likes

Same

1 Like

I’m not a fan of ink tbh. But all the stories I’ve seen being promoted in the forums (mostly new ones) are make in ink. I don’t think it will be forgotten like classic since most of the users prefer it to limelight.

2 Likes

maybe when a new version comes out… i mean think about it was all about classic then around almost the same time ink came then limelight and classic is “forgotten” so add newer version and ink will be “forgotten” and then it will be all about limelight and that new version…you get me

4 Likes

I don’t see that happening tbh.

3 Likes

never say never :joy::joy::joy::joy: maybe that’s what people said about the classic version

2 Likes

That is indeed what they said and look at classic now… :no_mouth:

1 Like

Fair enough, but I can’t imagine a world where ink isn’t popular. There is still a large percentage of new stories being made in ink, so unless all the ink writers and lovers leave, perhaps three styles will have to share the spotlight (ink, LL, and episode’s next style).

6 Likes

But then again, most new episode users probably won’t give ink a chance so :hot_face:

3 Likes

In the near future? I don’t know. I’ve been looking at some polls related to this and it seems the majority prefer Ink…

3 Likes

Not sure if it will tbh.
I don’t mind some stories in INK as long as the plot makes sense. But maybe if it’s true, you’ll probably be right about it.

Ugh. It makes me sad just thinking about it. But unfortunately, all I know is that it WILL happen. I do not know when, to answer your question. Perhaps when a new rEaLiStIc style comes out :roll_eyes:

I have hope that INK will die out more slowly than Classic, though. No offense to Classic lovers, but last time I checked, no one is scared of INK. Classic, on the other hand…

Anyway, you get the point.

It is hard to imagine that this will be the year, as there are dozens of new INK stories each day, but eventually, in 2020… 2021 if we are strong and supportive enough, yeah, that is probably when it will happen.

6 Likes

No matter what style comes out, I WIILL still, be using, all styles in my stories. THATS A FACT. All of those styles will never be forgotten.

2 Likes

I ain’t a huge fan of classic, and I can’t decide which I like better out of INK or LL :heart:

Classic is a little scary, yes. It’s too unrealistic for me and the movements are unnatural and jerky. I don’t want any styles to become too realistic, as it might just become scary, seeing realistic people dying and bleeding :open_mouth:

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

I’m not counting on it anytime soon. Though I get what you mean by “forgotten” and “obsolete”, Ink is much different and more advanced comparing to Classic, so I’m sure it’s guaranteed it won’t “die out” as soon or as easily as Classic did when Ink was new. Classic generally had very limited character features (apart from hairstyles, perhaps), along with CC being completely absent/nonexistent at the time. I believe it was the major upgrade that appealed to many existing users at the time.

The second reason for Ink still having a wide range of users across the platform is because it wasn’t the primary style – instead, it came out when Episode already had many more users than it did initially when Classic was the only available style It was also much easier for existing users to switch from Classic to Ink due to the mentioned upgrades. Ink soon became a big hit and invited hundreds of thousands of new users to the app. To this day, you still see Ink being the primary style in Episode’s ads, overviews, etc. In a nutshell, Ink is what made Episode reach the top and people still love it because it’s a great style with CC, accurate emotions/movements and so much potential. Perhaps back in the day, the team actually prioritised quality over quantity.

Unfortunately, what continuously invites more and more users to Limelight is the quantity – the closet, animations, features… you get it, it’s all the fancy assets you can’t find in Ink. Yet, regardless of it all, I still can’t bare with the style itself for a very long time because from day one, I just don’t like it, even with all the recent updates. Call me old-fashioned or anything, but I’m sticking with Ink.

3 Likes