Discussion: Who is the Chicanery Killer?

I decided to do a little discussion on one of my favorite who-dun-it murder mystery stories.

Title: Chicanery
Author: @J.Miley
Genre: Mystery
Description: An heiress, a struggling businessman, a proposal, and a deadly accident. Coincidence? The truth lies in a twisted web of lust, lies, greed, and obsession.

1. Have you read the story?

2. Who do you think the Chicanery Killer is?

3. What do you think of Grant’s relationship with the different love interests? Who do you ship?
    3a) Relationship with Mayssn?
    3b) Relationship with Chelsea?
    3c) Relationship with Xavier?

4. This story has multiple endings. How do you think it will play out?
    4a) What if one of the love interests is the killer?
    4b) If one of the love interests IS the killer, will he/she strike again?
    4c) What if Grant (MC) is the killer?
    4d) We find out who the killer is/we don’t find out who the killer is?

5. Do you think it’s possible that there is more than one killer?

6. Overall impression of the story.

2 Likes
  1. ) UGH YES I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH! One of the best mysteries I’ve read, ever.
    2.) I honestly don’t have the faintest idea. There are so many different possibilities. Part of me thinks it’s Julia herself because she insisted on Mayssn taking her car, but then it wouldn’t make sense for her to drive the car herself, knowing it’s been tampered with.
    3.) a) I think him and Mayssn are beyond cute, but the age gap also makes me a little uncomfortable. (And also the fact that he was almost her step-father :joy:)
    b) I think Chelsea’s timing was a little suspicious, so I’m not super attached to the idea of Grant and Chelsea being together. Maybe she’s innocent, but idk.
    c) I think Grant and Xavier are my favorite ship, they’re so cute.
    4.) I just know I’m gonna get the worst ending :tired_face:
    a) If one of the love interests is the killer, than I think Grant will either have to try to move on from them or he might remain in love with the killer, but just spend the duration of their relationship visiting them in prison (which I think is the worst of the two options).
    b) I don’t think the love interest would strike again, UNLESS Grant moved on to someone that wasn’t them. I think the only reason a LI would kill Julia was because they were jealous of her and Grant’s relationship and wanted to be with Grant. So if Grant moved on to someone who wasn’t them, they might kill Grant’s new LI.
    c) If Grant’s the killer, then I’m throwing myself off a cliff. I love him too much.
    d) I think if you have a certain amount of points, you’ll be able to find out who the killer is, and if you don’t then you won’t.
    5.) I think there could’ve been more than one person who wanted to kill Julia (or Mayssn), but I don’t think more than one person acted together to tamper with Julia’s car. Unless it’s Chelsea and her dad.
    6.) Overall, I think it’s one of the best stories I’ve ever read. Definitely kept me guessing!