Discussion: Would you forgive a bully?

Not sure if this is a controversial topic but I feel that I would like to hear from fellow Episodians if they would ever forgive a bully?

Would I ever forgive a bully? I doubt it because I tend to remember the horrible things they have done to me in the past and they don’t deserve to come back into my life. Sometimes I believe in second chances, but that depends on the situation. Especially when my soul is so dark that it is thirsty for revenge.

P.S. Sorry if I’m exaggerating here, I have a habit of that :sweat_smile:

24 Likes

it depends on what the bully has done, if its something so scarring then it might take a while, but if it isn’t something big then im pretty sure I could forgive him/her.

4 Likes

Yeah, sometimes I believe in second chances but that depends on the situation.

Btw welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Thanks!:smile:

3 Likes

I would. It probably will sound rude, but I think that people bully just to make themselves feel better

3 Likes

Honestly, no. I would never forgive a bully…

4 Likes

I agree, bullies have nothing better to do but pick on other people just because they want empowerment.

3 Likes

That’s a really good question. It’d depend on a person and their morals, but personally, I’d encourage myself to forgive that person. I’ve had my fair share of terrible people that I’ve had to deal with throughout my life. I feel like its okay to be angry at someone for a long time for putting you through pain, but at some point in your life, you need to be able to forgive that person to move on for yourself, not to make them feel better about themselves.

This paragraph sums up very well how I feel about this situation.

Psychologists generally define forgiveness as a conscious, deliberate decision to release feelings of resentment or vengeance toward a person or group who has harmed you, regardless of whether they actually deserve your forgiveness.

Just as important as defining what forgiveness is , though, is understanding what forgiveness is not . Experts who study or teach forgiveness make clear that when you forgive, you do not gloss over or deny the seriousness of an offense against you. Forgiveness does not mean forgetting, nor does it mean condoning or excusing offenses. Though forgiveness can help repair a damaged relationship, it doesn’t obligate you to reconcile with the person who harmed you, or release them from legal accountability.

Instead, forgiveness brings the forgiver peace of mind and frees him or her from corrosive anger. While there is some debate over whether true forgiveness requires positive feelings toward the offender, experts agree that it at least involves letting go of deeply held negative feelings. In that way, it empowers you to recognize the pain you suffered without letting that pain define you, enabling you to heal and move on with your life.

7 Likes

I bent Bully to I bent pick my feel so hurt all up set and I have learned disability to I bent hurt from pass to I don’t like be bully to .I am still hurt from people pick on me they want help with my story they don’t help with my code no body does help out .I want to be forgiven to💖 I feel all long.

1 Like

Exactly :smiley: I am sorry, but is is pathetic of them. There are a lot of othe ways to be become more confident, to love yourself. Bullying, insulting and violence are never a solution

3 Likes

I would, and I have.
Although, forgiving never means that I’m willing to be acquainted with them again.

3 Likes

I’m so confused?

4 Likes

I agree.

Being a bully is not the same as being confidence.

Speaking of confidence, I find it ridiculous that people conflate:

Confidence with arrogance
Insecurity with attention seeking

6 Likes

Exactly :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Agreed. I’ve always been worried about acting too confident because people see you as cocky and arrogant.

2 Likes

Same.

I think she was trying to say that she had been bullied.

2 Likes

Yep, it is annoying and confusing. I think that confidence comes with self love and due to that insecurity will disappear, little by little

2 Likes

I bent Bully episode form I was one they pick on me .I did not both nobody .I bent Bully

You bent bully? Is it like @MezoriaThorn said? Were you bullied before?

1 Like

YES OMG!

I’d consider myself more on the modest side because there are times that I tend to stay quiet because sometimes I say that talking can get me in trouble. Like there are times that I am very talkative and people are like “shut up, you’re so annoying” and when I’m quiet, they have the audacity to ask me, “what’s wrong?”

6 Likes