DISCUSSION : Would you include gem choices in your story?

Honestly? This wouldn’t be such a problem if stories that DO use gem choices helped you gain a gem per episode.

Most of the featured stories are crap, and it’d be nice to get gems out of authors who utilize them so I’d be a little more willing to unlock a bonus scene. Which isn’t saying much, but the unlimited pass thing makes me wanna speedrun featured stories like the Pitch Perfect and PLL stories by tapping super fast. :roll_eyes:

bump

bump?

Bump???

Why do we have to give so much Diamonds when making choices. it’s not fair. If I have no more diamonds or not enough then it spoils the rest of the game experience.

I completely agree with you. I think that most authors should use gem choices, because a lot of authors are not appreciated. :sob: ‘They’re there to provide for everybody else and forget about their life outside of writing.’ I hate the people who think that. They put effort into writing a story, and they deserve to be respected. However, I can understand that some people don’t like the gem choices that affect the whole outcome of the story, because they would be spending gems after gems after gems. BUT most stories only have gem choices on things like outfits that only affect a tiny part of the story. The Episode Community should support one another. :smiley: :wink:

Hey question do anyone know which story don’t use gems? I rather read a story that I do t have to use my gems really liking the way deep desire and body tangle works

Since I’m adding them right now, why not answer these.

1) Why do you think other authors chose to include gem choices?
I don’t see anything wrong with gem choices in community stories, so I just think they adding it because they want to.

2) Would you include gem choices in some of your future stories?
Yes, I just did the first scene for it haha (It’s a free choice though, the actual gem choices will be in another episode.)

3) What are the benefits of gem choices (in any story)
I’m not sure there are any benefits or down sides. Like I said, there isn’t anything wrong with adding them, you’re not killing anyone, just adding chocies.

4) What are the down sides of gem choices (in any story)
What I said above. ^
But people always come skeptical to you when you have gem choices in your stories, first of all, I’m in no way getting 10k reads so it’ll always be 5 gems. Secondly, you can have these romantic moments or clues with right choices, you just have to be careful. (I’m talking about my story)

That’s all I’m gonna say, I think there’s nothing wrong with adding a gem choice to boost a relationship or find a clue you couldn’t.

I decided to read some of the answer and lmaooooooo

You do NOT get paid for having gem choices, even if everyone picked the gems, you wouldn’t get paid. The only way to get paid of adding gem choices (if you even count this a way) is getting in writer’s payment. And that requires at least 100k reads in 2 months. So, you publish 10 episodes and have 10k readers, normally, you aren’t accepted to the writer’s payments. If you add gem choices, you are accepted, but you still need 100k reads.

The “tHeY aRe d0inG it fOr tehHHH MoNeYY1!!” answers are really funny.

1.) I believe authors include gem choices because they want the chance to get paid for their work, and there’s nothing wrong about that. It’s also a way to allow the reader to get the best possible ending from their story even if they made the wrong choices.
2.) I’ve actually already included gem choices in my story.
3.) The benefits of gem choices are that it allows the reader to regain points they might’ve lost (in some stories) and also to see special scenes.
4.) The downsides are that sometimes the gem choice option isn’t the greatest. The scene might be a letdown, or they feel that the scene that was within a gem choice should’ve been made available for everyone, because it was crucial to the plot.
Hope this helps!