Discussion: Writing a Story

Thank you. I was really hoping it sounded good lol.

2 Likes

I’m writing two stories right now (one Drama/Romance story and the other one’s for the Adventurous contest)
I started writing the first one because I had the plot in my mind for a really long time and I always wanted to read that kind of story but never found it, so I wrote it myself. The other one, for the contest, I wanted to start writing after I finished my first one, but then the contest was announced and I realized that it fits the theme perfectly. So I started writing right away and my best friend loves the idea so she always helps me with characters and new ideas.

My first story, because I’ve put so much time in it already and I recognize myself in the MC. However, my contest story is much more advanced when it comes to directing, but I already know it will take forever to publish new episodes…I like both of them somehow, but the first one is kind of more important to me.

First one: an endless search for this kind of “cliche” story, which isn’t that cliche if you get to know the characters
Second one: I guess my best friend

I don’t really want attention (I get really shy if I get too much attention although it’s much more problematic in real life…) but I hope to find at least a few people who enjoy reading my stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

There are a lot of things. However, once “goal” is very important to me: I’d like to show that there’s always more to every story/character/person/life/etc. than you can see on the surface. You can’t judge someone if you know nothing about them.

1 Like

~A teen drama story for my first story Why? Because I wanted to write a story about a bisexual gal and I just wrote the first idea that came to mind lol It’s a trainwreck but it’s also my baby
~A romance tragedy with a male MC Why? I’m a hopeless romantic and wanted to try something different by doing a male MC. I also wanted to write about more serious stuff and have adult characters to separate it from my first story.
~Adventurous story Why? Had an idea floating in my head for a while but didn’t have the motivation for it till the Adventurous contest announcement and wanted to challenge myself, push my writing/directing skills and get out of my romance bubble.

I am like my second story the most. I am quite fond of my characters and always look forward to writing them and developing their personalities.

I don’t really mind if they don’t get that popular but it would be nice to have my characters appreciated and watch them grow as I write them.

No real goal here, just a hobby and distraction from shit going on in my real life :slight_smile:

1 Like

What stories have you written or want to write? Why?
I wrote one story (it’s completed and in the mystery section) and now, I plan to write an another story.
I really like writing and I write since years (first as a fanfiction-writer and since September '18 here on Episode).

What stories are you more fond to?
I’m a huge fan of crime/mystery/thriller stories!

What has inspired you to make the story?
Hmm, hardly to say. It has many reasons, to be honest. I wrote (fun-) facts on Instagram for a detailed answer why I wrote the story.

Are you hoping it’ll get you attention? Recognition?
Isn’t everyone looking for recognition? :smiley:
But my goal isn’t to become famous here. Episode is just my hobby.

What’s your goal? What are you trying to bring or demonstrate to the readers?
I want to show the readers that you can write a story without glorifying mafia/gang and teacher+student relationship stuff and without abusive LI’s. It can also be a good story, but only if the ideas come from you! I’m sure that everyone can be creative and can write unique stories.

And about my story: You should be aware of your actions and running away from your problems don’t solve it at all. And because a person has sometimes a rude behaviour, it doen’t mean that he/she is a bad person/the worst or deserve nothing good -> Don’t judge a book by its cover!

2 Likes

i am writing my story called breaking my psychos walls, it is with a lot of comedy and adventure and i like this genre very much :joy:. what made me write my story is that I’ve read so many incredible good stories that I just wanted to do one. And one more thing is what inspired me is music, because I hear different every day
music styles and that’s where the ideas and the interpretation come from, because songs also have meaning. Well, I would of course be happy, if many read my story, but honestly I just want, if you read my story has fun, laughs, and it works even if there are a few readers. what is my goal? I did not think about that, if I’m honest, well… that my readers are not bored and just read my story with excitement. what I want to tell the readers? Well, there are scenen in my story, that I once the reader want to tell, for example: you should not just trust everyone, or you should never change for someone, you must not get down from others. So somehow different things I want to tell :grin:

This is an interesting idea, but I think it needs a little bit of nuance on Episode now. I think it might help us!

In my opinion, it’s ok to change because of someone: because they show you a better way or that there’s more to life and all of these things make you want to change to help yourself. It’s not ok to change for someone: for their sake or to make them happy.

6 Likes

it is beautiful what you said :grinning:, and you’re right, sometimes it’s good, if someone changes you, but in good sign :smile:

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this seems to be about writing Episode stories. Let me know if it’s not and we can move it back. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

currently writing a mystery/thriller type of story called “mystery on hanging hill lane” why? well because i feel like the thriller/mystery genre is under appreciated and not many stories go into that category so i wanted to write one of my own and maybe help build up that genre.

definitely mysteries and thrillers :joy: i just feel like they’re more interesting. because sometimes the romance/drama genre can get overhyped when they’re all the same story. with that being said, i have many favorites from the romance/drama genre, but it’s just nice to read something that’s not the same played out plot.

pretty little liars :joy::joy: it’s been a favorite show of mine forever and i wanted to make something as captivating as that, so here we are.

i mean yea. like aren’t we all looking for recognition at the end of the day? like we want people to read our story, but not just to gain reads but to throughly enjoy the story as well. we’ve worked hard in the writers portal to make our visions come to life and entertain people, so it’s only fair that we gain some type of recognition for it.

my goal is to make a story that people will genuinely enjoy. i don’t want to just gain reads but i want loyal readers who actually enjoy my story and WANT to continue reading because they’re enjoying the content.

write what you WANT to write. don’t write it because you think it’ll get you reads, or you think this will make you popular. like just write it because it’s what you want to see brought to the app, and it’s something that you would actually read. overall, just make sure you’re having fun doing it.

3 Likes

I have written ,and am currently still writing it, a romance sort of fantasy with a bit of action. And also I’m working on a story about assassins, one with demons, one with gods and I have a few other story ideas tooo but I don’t know about them.

I’m more fond to romance, fantasy and comedy. (I just can’t write any comedy myself but reading it is nice)

My inspiration is anime and manga, and reading others stories made me want to give it a try.

I’m really not hoping much from my stories, just to get some readers that enjoy reading them. I admit a bit of recognition would be fine but not something I really need.

I don’t really have a goal lol, I’m just writing what comes to my mind and then hope people like it.

1 Like

What stories have you written or want to write?
Why?

I’ve written Sophisticated & Deceived and Popular Girl Gone Bad because they are gems. Popular Girl Gone Bad hits close to home for me because I wrote it when I was 12 years old before I decided to share it on Episode.
Romance stories interest me. Anything romance, drama, sci fi, or thriller, I’m drawn to it.
My personal experiences and my life. That’s enough to write a story itself.
My goal isn’t for my stories to get attention, but I would like some recognition once in awhile.
My goal is to simply inspire my readers through my writing. Any of my experiences or life stories can be relatable to my readers, and who knows, they’ll probably feel drawn to it. The main purpose of my stories is to show and tell my readers what any regular, ordinary, teenager can do by just following their creative attribute.

1 Like

id love to write a sci fi story one day

3 Likes

I’ve written a couple of male POV ones, comedy ones and contest entries. I want to write choose-you-gender-no-romance story as well as one’s that are set in Australia… and more comedy ones ofc.

Ones that make me think - like where there’s a moral of the story. I like seeing stories that can take a cliche idea and turn it into something original.

Overall my inspiration comes from a lot of places.
My inspiration to write a stories with Australia as setting from now on came from the Calling All Australians thread here on forums
A lot of my inspiration lately stems from certain trending stories that I think do a good job at sending readers the wrong message, and I’d like to think I can do better than them.

I-Uh… I don’t know. I feel like I have a lot of attention as it is, so my motives are not to get more attention, but rather… since I have a decent amount of following, I’d like to use my platform for good. Put out better content that’s more positive than the majority of the trending section. Provide readers more variety, that kind of thing. And I guess getting recognition for that would be nice, not going to lie.

Whoops, I feel like I already answered this. But yeah, ultimately my goal is to have a story for everyone. If someone doesn’t like my Male POV story, for example, then I’d hope I can give them a female POV one to enjoy instead. They don’t like my limelight one? Cool, no worries, here’s an ink one instead hahaha. So that’s what I’m trying to bring to the readers. As for demonstrate, I don’t think all my stories will start having hidden messages, but I would like to put it in some for sure.

6 Likes

I only write comedy stories, because

• I can’t write anything else
  • I’ve always loved comedies because they give me positive energy even if I’m not in the best mood

Stories with great dialogue, interesting characters and with some original idea. I prefer stories that have some romance in them, but it’s not the only thing they revolve around. For example I don’t associate action with mafia romance. A real action story has to have a clever plot that makes me intrigued by its unexpected events, and by unexpected I don’t mean the MC getting pregnant and stuff like that. I like a good fantasy if the author creates a whole new world and not just add a vampire to a cliche story line. I could go on, but there are other questions too :upside_down_face:

I wanted to challenge myself. I never really wrote anything before Episode and I was curious to know if I can create these characters, give them a personality, write a plot and if I have enough ideas to unwrap and make them fit to the story line.

I don’t know honestly. At the beginning I was looking for recognition but now I’m more happy with less readers who genuinly enjoy my stories. Since I’m seeing more and more forumers getting featured, I kinda started to worry that it might happen with me too sometime and I’m not sure I would handle it well. Lately I’m pretty slow with updating and I’m afraid this would stress me out if I had thousands of readers. But of course many stories on weekly shelves don’t become popular, which often bothers me when it happens to my favourite authors, but at the same time it’s a relief to know this, I guess :sweat_smile:

So what I mentioned in my first reply:

• I’ve always loved comedies because they give me positive energy even if I’m not in the best mood

I want to achieve the same thing. That’s pretty much it.

4 Likes

At the moment I have three stories that I would like to write and are currently working on.

The Storytellers - A fantasy mystery anchored in the real world. It’s a coming of age story and I have developed the world and its characters for months so I might finally be able to start writing it soon.

Nameless - A fantasy story set in a fictional world. I haven’t developed this very much yet, just made some notes about the world. This story is going to have a strong message and tackle prostitution and harmful beauty standards. I’m still figuring out the main conflict but my goal is to include female characters who are strong in their own way and show different perspectives of what strength is.

Anonymous - A science fiction story set in a world who is just mending itself after an environmental disaster. I’m really interested in technological development and wants to make a story that examines the consequences it has on our society.

What stories are you more fond of?
I really like stories that have a hidden message. Where characters symbolize something bigger than themselves and where the reader has to figure out what these symbols mean.

Society in general. I’m interested in politics, the environment and technology and most of all, I’m very interested in the future and want to make stories that tackle these subjects but not necessarily in a futuristic setting. Sometimes making a story set in the real world can be a bit difficult, so I bring fantastical elements into my stories to detach it from reality at the same time as I expose certain elements in our society.

Sort of. I have these stories in my head, just screaming to get out. Seeing that I’m prepared to put down a lot of work to bring the story to Episode, it would be nice if people read it and appreciated it. However, for me, it isn’t important how many and if only one person reads it and loves it, I would feel like it would all be worth it.

I really would like to bring complex storytelling with stories with numerous layers that can be interpreted in different ways.

3 Likes
  • What stories have you written or want to write? Why?

I want to write a lot of stories! But for now, I’m writing “In the Bed”. It’ll be published very soon, it’s about a young student getting probation and starting a secret relationship with the company owner. This gets her in trouble after her teacher learns it, it’s going to be really good. I can’t wait to release it!

• What stories are you more fond to?

I like heavily branched stories, mostly mystery, horror and thriller. But I read everything and I write the opposite, so… :woman_shrugging:t2:

• What has inspired you to make the story?

Trending section! After seeing all those good stories, I wanted to write one myself.

• Are you hoping it’ll get you attention? Recognition?

I hope so! I like the story and its plot, so I hope it doesn’t go to waste.

• What’s your goal? What are you trying to bring or demonstrate to the readers?

I’m bringing some forbidden fantasies to life. I’m making it full CC, so they can experience it.

4 Likes

:new_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

:wink::kiss:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.