Discussion: Writing Teams

I just wanted to say that I’m not trying to offend anyone with a writing team! I just wanted to share my opinions and open a discussion.
Am I the only one who has seen a lot of people on the forums asking for a large group of people to help them write their story? I’ve seen people asking for up to 10 people to write their stories, and I just feel like it isn’t necessary for a whole team of people to write with you. If you have someone else code the story for you, have multiple people write the entire plot with you, and have even more people making outfits, promoting your story, etc., I just find it kind of lazy, no offense. Most of the popular authors on the app write their stories by themselves, sometimes with the exception of a proof-reader or artist. Please comment your opinions below.

7 Likes

I agree.

3 Likes

I think it depends on the goal :thinking:
If it’s one story?.. yeah that’s kinda ridiculous, but if they want to form an entire group and write series after series and actively participate (not just ideas but actuall work)
I think it’s fine

6 Likes

Good point.

2 Likes

now this is work, this is for having a writing team. Like, yall have an idea, plan together what the story is going to happen first till end, then work on characters, etc, coding time frame, etc. That’s team work, not just one person doing this and that, etc.

2 Likes

they know what they need to do, they got the coding and everything down pack, if they need their story reviewed, so be it. Listen authors got their game on! They’re ready for anything. :100:

2 Likes

I agree. like if you ask for a group its like you want your name to be put on a story without doing anything.

making outfit is not hard you dont need a person to do that.

and all the other stuff. like coding writhing doing art. what are the person forming the group even doing.

1 Like

Aren’t Episode Original stories done as a team effort? I think at least one “other app that probably cannot be named if I don’t want to be flagged” has a team of writers too.
I think it’s weird to get a team of people to help you on your story on your account, but I can see a group project maybe working depending on the people. If you brainstorm and storyboard together and then divide the work load and discuss each person’s contribution it could possibly work?
But I do think that too many cooks could definitely spoil the broth.
I’ve worked with a partner and it was definitely handy, but I think working with too many people could be difficult with the differences in opinions and styles.

7 Likes

I think it must give a good vibe if there’s a whole crew behind you. But I write my story’s by my own and I think that works fine to.

1 Like

Yeah it is lazy. Some people want that they would tell what has to happen in a story (or just telling the plot) and everyone else code proofread do literally everything hard, and the “authors” of the story are only creating Characters and outfits (which is the best part) I mean it’s just not ok.

1 Like

it’s like a school project without doing anything

2 Likes