DISCUSSION: Your Thoughts On Step-Sibling Relationships?

This controversial topic has been on my mind for a while now. I’ve seen so many stories involving main characters falling for their step-sibling. So I wanted to know what people thought about these stories…do you guys find it weird? Cute?

Although no-one probably cares what I think, I just find it a little weird. Especially when the MC is falling for their step-sibling that they’ve grown up with. It’s such a common cliche that gets millions of reads yet so many people seem to be against it. What do you guys think?

5 Likes

Isn’t that sort of the premise for an Episode Featured Love And War?

All I can say is that I see my own step-siblings as siblings, I like Drake and Josh and technically I think step-sibling relationships should only work (barely) is when the parents are already divorced

1 Like

Yeah it is. That and the typical cliches in Love And War kind of made me stay away from it. I have a step-sibling myself, and I view him as a sibling. So when I see step-sibling relationships it kind of makes me feel weird.

1 Like

It’s disgusting and needs to be stopped! Yuck :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I don’t agree with it. That’s why I stopped reading Love and war. It’s just wrong and shouldn’t be promoted on this app.

2 Likes

One word for them: ew.

2 Likes

I think it really depends on their relationship. If they’ve grown up together, that’s really messed up. If they meet when they’re older and like each other before they become step-siblings, that’s just a little awkward.

I’d understand liking a step-sibling who you didn’t grow up with, but I’d tell my friend that there are over 4 billion people of that gender that they could choose from if they told me they wanted to go for their step-sibling.

3 Likes