Disney's Dark Backstories

In the original Pinocchio, Pinocchio kills his conscience Jim Cricket with a mallet because he tried to give the young lad some useful advice. later down into the story Pinocchio is nearly drowned, a pack of dogfish half-devoured him, and he comes across a fox and cat who steal his money and unsuccessfully tries to hang him.

What are some of the most surprising Disney movies or series with a dark backstory?

9 Likes

this should have a content warring :sob:
im still a child :pleading_face:

4 Likes

Omg I know right

3 Likes

i think disney was just ruined for me…
:sob:

4 Likes

Aww, no!! Disney is still as good

3 Likes

That’s what makes it so much fun. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

:sob:
i think that in rapanzel or wutever she gets pregnat or whatever and throws da baby out…
i forget where i learned this

3 Likes

So disney just copy’s others work and turn it into fantasy like when you search for how they were created, its more dark than before.

Disney is still dark because every single time they kill off someones parents. It’s like an omnipotent being really hates their princess to have parents just to give them more screen time.

1 Like

Pretty much all of their movies are based off the Grimm brothers tales.

4 Likes

They freaking burned Snow whites StepMother legs until she died

3 Likes

I searched it up and it said that mother gothel cut Rapunzels hair, then pushes the prince out of the tower making him fall into a bush of berries which causes him to go blind Rapunzel ended up pregnant with twins and the prince roamed the town blind.

5 Likes

…ahhhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaaaa

2 Likes

He heard her singing and they lived happily ever after

1 Like

And the twins Diedstrong text

1 Like

That’s not as bad as Cinderella, she made her bird friends pick her stepsisters eyeballs out truly sickening.

5 Likes

It was completely Justified. I would actually cut their leg off and feed to the street dogs

2 Likes

Or bring the guillotine

2 Likes

True, true but they basically gave themselves their own karma by cutting off their toes and heels so the shoe could fit.

4 Likes

wait what?

3 Likes

I forgot about that part, bunch of idiots.

3 Likes