Disney's Dark Backstories

Ariel failed in trying to marry a prince and died, turning into sea foam. I think that’s the only Disney princess story which includes the princess (main character) die at the end. Or the only story for that matter

3 Likes

In the original sleeping beauty, the prince makes love to her while she’s asleep. So… (trigger word warning) He basically rapes her.

2 Likes

Yea and I’m pretty sure she wakes up from the pain of giving birth

1 Like

yup.

:fearful:

Guys shouldn’t this thread have a warning? I mean there are 13 year olds. Anyways this thread is interesting :sunglasses:

Well, Sleeping Beauty went into an eternal sleep as the Disney story said she did, but then she got raped by a king, and she woke up from the pain of giving birth to twins. Then, she went to the king, and the queen found out, so the queen was furious and made the chef cook the twins to feed to her husband, the king. The king found out from the chef, and the king killed the queen. And finally, the king made the sleeping beauty his queen.
The End

I honestly do like the originals more though haha. They’re more interesting.

2 Likes

Yeah but a bit dark :joy:

1 Like

Well, Hercules is not among the original Disney stories because the original Hercules is a Greek god, but as depicted by the Greeks, he married Megara, but the goddess Hera drove him mad and he killed his wife and his children.

1 Like

In the original story, Cinderella told her birds to kill her step-sisters by pecking at them until they died. They actually considered adding that in the movie. I’m glad they scrapped it. :sneezing_face:

1 Like

Also in the Hunchback of Notre Dame, Quasimodo is deaf. He betrays Esmeralda and watches her as she is hanged by Frollo and dies. After Quasi kills Frollo, he buries Esmeralda and stays with her until he eventually dies of starvation.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.