DISSCUSION: Dialouge Vs. Coding

Do u put dialouge first then coding , or code first then dialouge last? Which one is easier for you to work with for you to work on your story faster? :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

Dialogue first (without the emotions, just text) and basic coding (like transitions, backgrounds), and then I work more complicated coding around that. I still add dialogues after though, if I think it’s needed.

7 Likes

boom! Cause I need to work fast!! 🤦

1 Like

I have a partner :joy: she does the dialogue, I do the coding.

1 Like

nice teamwork. :sunglasses:

1 Like

It changes from time to time.
Lately, I’ve been coding first.
I’ll add the dialogue once I have the scene dressed up.

2 Likes

okay.

I usually do the dialog first then play the story and add the animations that I would find the most fitting for those moments

1 Like

I usually write out the dialogue on paper, then i just do the code and dialogue at once on the writer portal

1 Like

Dialouge wins. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I do the dialogue first but I tend to direct as I go so I’ll write the dialogue for one or two scenes then go back and direct before moving on. I like doing things this way because I find having an entire episode to direct can sometimes feel overwhelming as that’s the most time-consuming part, so I like to break it up.
The only time I’ve done this differently was when I was converting a story from spotlight to cinematic. Since the dialogue was written, all I needed to do was direct.

3 Likes

Yep, its more fast and easier, to push, and keep going with the directing so I wont have to worry about dialogue.

I put dialogue first, but do the coding as I go along. I tend to find coding easier though.

1 Like

okay so since everytime i try to write, somehow i forget all the semi wonderful dialouge i’ve thought of in my head, so i write everything down on my notes app on my phone, and i do dialouge first because it’s easier for me, the coding later because… ugh.

2 Likes

yep, write down everything u need for your characters to say, and do before starting then direct. :sunglasses: