Dissusion: How do you promote stories on Episode

I have noticed that has a new writer it’s a little bit harder to create a following on episode, especially if you have no previous work. So, how do you promote your episode stories because I’m clueless

1 Like

I do r4r, but honeslty its hard. I am happy for all the readers I have even though almost evry one is from r4r and no one would have read it if i did not not do it

Hi there,

Honestly, It’s about finding what’s right for you. I haven’t published a story yet but there are many different types of ways to promote your story.

• A lot of people choose to do the Read for Reads but I personally don’t think this is the best way, sometimes people won’t read your story after you read theirs. This can lead to disappointment for you, so I would say avoid this. If you like the idea of doing read for reads, go for it though.

• Promote your story on the threads that allow you to do that. You will often see topics that will say ‘Promoting my story, Promote yours to!’, share your story there, you could politely ask if others would be interested in reading it and share the link with them.

• Ask for a review, there are a lot of people within the community that will be more than happy to review your story and give you feedback on it. If they like the story they may even share it with other people, especially through Instagram which brings me to my next point…

• Make an Instagram that is especially for Episode. The Episode community is massive on Instagram, you will obviously start with probably 0 followers but Just post and use hashtags so that people can see what you’re posting (your profile will need to be public). You could post the cover of your story and screenshots from it. You can actually find threads that also say ‘share your Instagram’, this actually helped me gain some followers. Remember that you don’t have to have an Instagram to get your story noticed but then I would suggest being active on the forums.

• Lastly make friends on the forums and get involved! Don’t just befriend people here so that they can read your story, create meaningful friendships. That way you are more open to receive help and your friends will probably check out your story and give you some feedback.

I hope this helps you and good luck! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like