Diverse Character Names! If U Need Them Come Here (:

Would you mind if I give some spanish names? I’m from Chile and I want to give some names ideas

1 Like

Thank u :pleading_face::blush:

Here are a few options…

English First Names (Female) =

Kiera
Emma
Ruby

Surnames =

Hart
Foster
Robinson
Brown
Johnson

Let me know if u need anymore options (:

1 Like

A few more first names @Adrija =

Olivia
Ava
Sophia
Mia
Amelia
Charlotte

(These ones are very common names in my area/neighbour hood)

Hope these help (:

1 Like

A few spanish options…

First Names =

Valentina
Martina
Luciana
Sofia (with the ’ on the i instead of the dot)
Lucia (with the ’ on the i instead of the dot)

Surnames =

Lopez
Morales
Espejo
Lima
Nunez
Bobadilla
Casto
Del Real
Garcia

The More Punctuated Surnames =

Hernandez (with the little ’ above the a)
Perez (with the little ’ above the first e)
Gonzalez (with the little ’ above the a)
De Leon (with the little ’ above the o)

This (’) is slightly slanted to the left so it goes as a slant in a similar direction as the top line of this sign…<

+Isidora
+Antonia
+Fabiola
+Francisca
+Camila
+Florencia
+Trinidad

Munoz
Rodriguez
Bernal
Reyes
Villagra
Villaroel
Astudillo
Castillo

I wanted to contribute :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

1 Like

Thank u so much (:

I’m half asleep since I’ve been up for nearly 24hrs straight :sweat_smile: but I really appreciate your help (:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Your welcome (:

1 Like

Hey there! First of all, happy birthday (hope this isn’t too late, but I still see the cake emoji hehe) :birthday:

I hope you don’t mind, but scrolling through the thread I saw this line and I felt the need to address it because I found it a bit confusing!

The graphic sign you’re referring to here is called an accent (a diacritical mark), which both Spanish and Italian (my language) use, as well as other languages such as French. The one you used in the quote is called an apostrophe (’) and it has a completely different purpose in written language, as it’s considered part of punctuation instead.

While typing, letters and accents come as a whole character, unlike letters+apostrophes which are written in two separate characters.

While I don’t actually know Spanish, I did study in a language high school where it was taught, and if I remember correctly the only accents Spanish uses are the tilde (ñ), the diaeresis (ü), and the acute accent (á, é, í, ó, ú) which is tilted to the opposite direction as the one you mentioned in your post above.

The one that tilts to the left as you say is called a grave accent (à, è, ì, ò, ù) which is widely used in French and (less frequently but still) in Italian.

So these names

should actually be spelled Sofía, Lucía, Hernández, Pérez, González, De León, with the acute accent tilted to the right instead of left (that would be grave).

1 Like

Yeah, I couldn’t get the mark above the letters since I’m on my phone and my phone’s keyboard doesn’t let me add them (:

& I added an apostrophe instead of the mark since the closest thing my keyboard has and the closest mark I have to the one above letters, is one of those pieces of punctuation where the forums does something fancy/special to the text (:

I.e = * = bullet points
*** = line
Etc… (:

1 Like

Yeah, I imagined it was due to keyboard restrictions, no worries :innocent:

I just wanted to clarify for everyone in general, since one who doesn’t know romance languages might think that using an apostrophe in their script/character names instead of the correct accent is good enough.

As a tip, to fix this issue you could add another language to the keyboard (I myself have about 5) or you could use the internet to search for the correct spelling and then copy-paste! It works on computers as well, so you can easily include every special character (that the portal supports) you need into your stories~

1 Like

Thank you (:

1 Like