Do any of you agree/disagree with Episode's guidelines?

Hey guys! So I’ve decided to make this thread for many, many reasons. The main one being is that Episode’s guidelines are a threat to many amazing authors out there that contain mature themes in their stories. Recently, Episode has made the app ages 12+ as an age restriction and that is where the issue (at least mine) begins. So with that being said, Episode has created guidelines that will effect almost every trending user story on Episode since they violate these guidelines. So why do I care so much? Well I care because I myself am an author on Episode and my story does contain mature themes and I fear that this will affect the future of my story. Along with that, I also care about the authors that are at risk with this since their stories don’t deserve to be taken down for these unfair guidelines. And of course, my intention with this is to never restrict Episode to younger users in any way shape or form because they have every right to read mature stories as they’d like to. I just want to let everyone know that it’s difficult to write stories with mature themes without having that fear of getting your story removed. It’s happened to many amazing authors unfortunately and I just hope there’s a way to resolve this issue that will accommodate EVERYONE. In my opinion, I think Episode should bump up the age restriction to 15+ or add a shelf for stories that contain mature themes but let me know what you guys think! Thank you for reading my rant I just need to let this out and maybe some of you can relate, I hope.
Here’s are the guidelines I mentioned earlier, it was a post on Instagram:

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community as this is related to Episode topics. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

i think its very hypocritical that episode has these guidelines but then break them with their featured stories (IASWAB) :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Totally! Like… okay. It’s satire. But y’all still broke rules.

3 Likes

Who posted this? Can I find it in Episode’s actual guidelines? Because how is someone supposed to take their life in a subtle way and not talk to anyone about it?

2 Likes

I know, it’s really disappointing :unamused:

1 Like

Exactly! It reaches the point of aggravation :triumph:

This was posted by @joanathewriter on IG. I’m not too sure but Episode’s guidelines are definitely a lot more strict so I wouldn’t be surprised if these are in the official guidelines.

Thanks

1 Like

No problem

The guidelines are very hypocritical.

1 Like

I agree

Episode ignores them. It’s unfair to us as writers.

1 Like

The way I see it, episode does not respect the majority of their writers and it’s saddening. I say that because its not fair that we have to follow guidelines but featured creators don’t. If anything featured creators should have stiffer rules, those are the first stories one sees and the ones most of the younger audience read.

1 Like

I know right! They’ve introduced a writing platform to people but yet they can’t be fair with it. It’s truly disappointing. :confused:

Exactly! Many featured stories contain many mature themes yet Episode acts oblivious to them but yet they contradict the slightest guideline violations to writers.

1 Like

Which are the ones with the most reads among kids, they should be setting an example

1 Like

I agree, at this point I just don’t think Episode is an app for kids :joy: They set up these guidelines and like you said, don’t follow them and publish stories that appeal to the eyes of these young kids that really shouldn’t be exposed to them.

1 Like