Do art scenes matter? *pls help*

This question is for everyone in the community.

Do art scenes in Episode stories matter? Does it make you want to read the story more?

Personally, I am not too disappointed if there are no art scenes at all but I do think that if an author would spend money (or effort if they drew/edited the scene themselves) for quality art scenes it means they are pretty serious about the story.

Also, how frequent should an art scene come up? Every few chapters? I remember Mette’s story ‘The Teacher’, where she had plenty of art scenes in her story and it did very well.

Please tell me your opinions down below! I am writing my first story and planning to commission a piece.

3 Likes

If the art piece is good quality works and really allows you to get a better perspective of the character then yes I think it matters. I feel it gives a good vibe and that the author plans to stay professional and takes the episode story serious.

6 Likes

I’m probably going to look bad, I personally don’t like art scene at all. I can see why people could like them, but I honestly don’t. I appreciate the work of the people who makes them and everything I think it’s really good to be this dedicated to your story and go out of your way to produce or commission for them. But I don’t think it’s necessary, take the people who just make scene with their overlays, i think it’s more better and alive. But that’s just my opinion.

And to respond to you, I think you should have to worry so much about putting art scenes. A little is good, but don’t do too much because people also tend to don’t like when there’s too much narration.

10 Likes

I don’t think art scenes matter, and I don’t think they’re each story suits having art either :grimacing: Sometimes as a reader, you can just tell some authors are only putting them in simply because it’s the trend and they feel obligated to.

9 Likes

As I am a comision artist myself, I guess people like to read story with art scenes cause it makes story more interesting and it shows the seriousness of the author .so yep! But it’s not all . If you are a good writer then it does not matter. A well drawn cover is however necessary. But it’s my opinion only

3 Likes

I love art scenes when the story doesn’t allow CC ^^ also not gonna lie but I’ve seen some stories with art scenes that made me click the exit button straight away.

1 Like

So you like it when the avatar matches the art scene?

art scenes are nice, but not necessary.

4 Likes

When there is art scenes or even just like really nice overlays it makes me feel like the author cares a lot about the story and I am definitely more inclined to continue reading it

1 Like

I think it depends on the story. It also shouldn’t be on a customizable character. Also, they should only be used on a sad or happy but very calm moment

2 Likes

Using art scenes are extras, but still great. Some stories are still awesome actually.

2 Likes

unleash you can draw them yourself I dont think you shall have art scenes,

1 Like

I do! I like it when the scene is being portrayed more graphically.

1 Like

I hope not because although they’re nice, I find them unnecessary and time consuming. And if my MCs are customizable, it usally ruins it as the art looks nothing like them

4 Likes

Art scenes are really up to you and your preference. If you would like to add a more artistic and expressive side, adding a few art scenes might be a good idea. Art scenes shouldn’t affect the amount of readers that much though, as most readers, like me, mostly look for the content of the actual story, the art scenes could be a bonus. If you do decide to add art scenes, I think that adding important and more memorable moments as art scenes would suit well.

3 Likes

I, personally, don’t care that much about art scenes within the story. However, can’t say the same about story cover. Once I see something well made and eye catching - I will most likely, at least, give it a go.

2 Likes

I don’t usually care about art scenes. I like to CC so usually my character looks different. But I can see why you would if you didn’t customize! In my opinion, I don’t think most readers care that much about art scenes.

Also, if you’re going to use one put it in a good spot. Sometimes they’re randomly placed and it’s just a little cringe. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

To me, no.
Actually, too many of them annoy me personally. I’d rather watch awesome directing :woman_shrugging:t4:
Art scenes work at certain moments, but I definitely don’t think they’re necessary.

4 Likes

I know that a lot of readers love them, but I just can’t see why they are needed at all.
I actually stopped reading stories because the super long art scenes made me bored. I want to see what’s happening and feel like I am watching a movie, so I expect my characters to move, and have great dialogues with little to no narration.

I’ve read a few stories in which the art scenes were really well done, but it doesn’t mean I liked them, it means they didn’t bother me. I guess it works fine with certain stories, but doesn’t work with others.

5 Likes

No not at all. I prefer stories without art scenes, but that’s me. It’s a little annoying, they’re too long.

2 Likes