Do/did you write your story out on paper or while publishing?

Question for authors…

Did you already write your story out on paper/word/anything else before coding the chapters or while publishing your story? :hugs:

• I wrote/write my story out on paper
  • I decide what happens in the story while coding the chapters.
  • I did something else (let me know what exactly)

0 voters

2 Likes

So, I usually decide what happens in the story while coding chapters, but I think Im going to start writing it on paper first because when I do it while coding I always change my mind and it just gets really difficult at times. But I think it’s really just up to which works best for you.

1 Like

Yes, in my notebook and on microsoft word, and if I have any ideas or more stuff to add, I use my notebook in my phone.

1 Like

For episode I do it well I publish for most of the starting episodes. I only write and plan it all out if I really care about it like I’m doing with my novel projects…but yh I just write whatever comes to mind :joy: however when I read over the story, I may write up a short paragraph on a notebook of what happens next for future episodes :thinking:

1 Like

Yes you should do what works the best for you :hugs:

1 Like

i use google docs to write the chapters first and then code them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:joy: I could never I would be to stressed about it lol

1 Like

If important scenes pop up, or good dialogues/narrations or even directing ideas — I’ll write them down on my notes on my phone. Apart from that, I’m pretty much a spontaneous writer and majority of the finer details about the characters and their developments are mentally noted.

2 Likes

Me 2 :kissing_smiling_eyes: sometimes I’m just outside and I regularly think of something. It’s so handy that I just grab my phone and write it down…otherwise I’ll forget it again :laughing:

1 Like

I wish I could lol :joy:

1 Like

same i have to write down every idea that i have lol

1 Like

Ikr, it’s like a habit. XD

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

It is and I love how I get inspiration when I don’t think about it. Sometimes I sit at my computer and I want to start writing but I can’t think of anything then I just look at my notes and I’m glad I made them :hugs: :joy:

2 Likes

I think I found my twin. :>

1 Like

I think you did :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yes!!! Lol. :100: :raised_hands:t4: :sunglasses:

giphy

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

For my comedy story I kind of flew by the seat of my pants lol. I had a general outline of what I wanted to do, but for the most part I just wrote whatever came to me.

For my thriller though, I have a word document with key events all planned out and organized into chapters. The storylines and details matter a lot more in that story so I wanted everything to be careful and cohesive.

2 Likes

That also works pretty good! :hugs: :joy:

1 Like