Do Episode stories ever get made into real movies?

Probably not but, if they did I guarantee that it would be called “Knocked up by a Teacher who is a bad boy, secret gang leader and billionaire” or perhaps “Falling for (insert twin names here)”

14 Likes

LOOOOL :joy::joy:

1 Like

So true :joy:

2 Likes

it’d be magical if producers starts selecting episodes

2 Likes

Of course: mean girls. And pretty little liars became a tv serie.
(Kidding)
I would be cool thought if that happened

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve thought about that before tbh XD it’d be cool if they did tho

1 Like

I hope not

2 Likes

All I have to say is that all movies based on video games never really have spectacular reputations to begin with :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

super mario bros movie flashback

2 Likes

Looool it would be cool for the good stories on the app

yeah it would haha

1 Like

Hahaha

that’s true tbh :joy:

1 Like

I wish! There are some community stories that can be a great tv show/movie

2 Likes

Episode made stories aAFTER movie and series

2 Likes

I know

2 Likes

I’m certainly no expert in the movie industry, but I think writers find their producers, not the other way around.

If we take Chain Reaction, for instance, last I checked, it has roughly 90m reads across both versions, one per episode. Let’s call it 50 episodes, so roughly 2 million people read the whole thing. Compared to books, that’s not bad; Fifty Shades sold 90m copies in the first 3 years and it was huge, 2m in the last 3-5(?) years is probably enough to make a little splash.

If Miss MJ wanted to make it into a movie, unless she had friends in high places, it’s unlikely that a producer would just email her and ask her to consider letting them make the movie. This hypothetical producer would probably be hesitant to be cruising an app for teens and pressuring teens and young adults into getting into an industry that they might not be ready for, it’s a lot of legal and business stuff.

But if Miss MJ was willing to take that route—hire an agent/attorney/etc to help her make the deal, her Episode fame would probably be a good stepping stone. :woman_shrugging:

Also, if I worked in the movie/book industry, I’d be hesitant to make any Episode story into a book or movie out of concern that the new medium wouldn’t actually offer anything. Again, using Chain Reaction as an example, it’s already available for free as a low-budget cartoon to anyone who just downloads a free app and sifts through the featured stories lmaooo. Why would people buy the book or come to see the movie in theatres when they can see it for free?

But either way lol, I figure if one of our own had made a movie, we all would’ve heard about it. :eyes:

5 Likes

I think she’s wanting to know if Episode actively finds publishers and producers the same way Wattpad does. Wattpad actively works with their star authors to get books published and movies produced, and a few Wattpad books have been made into movies on Netflix. The Kissing Booth, for instance, started on Wattpad.

The answer to that is no, Episode doesn’t do what Wattpad does (though it would be amazing if they did).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.